Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,221
    Given: 7,425
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,089
    Given: 2,679
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey SOG I saw on TV that Hillary is wanting a re-do on the election and DEMANDS that she be made president. Want to see something really freaky? https://youtu.be/RljTjUvCPQo
    "Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."
    -Confucius

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,089
    Given: 2,679
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I know you really like Frank Zappa. I assume you really appreciate good guitar playing. Check out this girl from France. She started learning the guitar when she was 8 years old. This one is "For The Love Of God" by Steve Vai. The girl is absolutely amazing (even if somebody else did write it). She'll get there. She just turned 18 but recorded this when she was 16.
    https://youtu.be/nJi8iSpzq9I
    "Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."
    -Confucius

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doublej View Post
    keep up the good work@sog I am stuck in the perpetual 2 week harvest cycle I know exactly what you're talking about. But I'm starting to catch up. Always good reading your stuff,appreciate your time....DJ
    Tell ya what bud, we’ll done on the cloning method. I’m gona give it a try and follow ur posts and learn a few things. Thank you!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hold on Bubba Lewis, I want some of does snacks....lol

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post
    Nice SOG!
    You are a busy dude.
    Be careful about the ink on the newspaper, colored ink can be bad if its not Veg. ink.
    I put cardboard boxes in mine instead of newspaper, just shred it a bit,you can usually find cardboard that has no printing on it, the worms love it and it makes for excellent place fro the breeding worms to lay eggs. (whens is the last time you picked up a wet piece of cardboard of the ground and didn't find worms in it?)
    Make sure you don't overfeed as well, it gets anaerobic pretty quick, I find they don't each as much as people say they do, maybe thats just mine, getting use to all the good shit I feed them. (the wife jokes I feed them better than her)
    @Bazzer, so the worms are going to do what, I’m a new farmer and learning? Thank you. Happy grows.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...worms turn kitchen scraps and paper into worm castings aka worm shit.

...anyway, those castings are an awesome source of plant food if you grow in soil organically.

...the castings can be used as a top dressing for house plants and for a veggie garden, plants just love the shit, lol.

peace, SOG

...btw, most of the folks who were here a few years ago have moved on so don't be surprised if you get no response.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clone trays

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by someoldguy View Post
    again, these shots are pretty self explanitory, the last three shots show the 3 small cloners in my cloning cab and the last also shows a few rooted clones on the bottom left and some new seedlings comin' along, i always like to have at least a few beans running in my search for new keepers, lol.

Attachment 49044

Attachment 49045

Attachment 49046

Attachment 49047

...anyway, the 'rules' to make this method work are very, very simple, keep about an inch of water in each reservoir so they don't dry out and keep the reservoir temps around 80 degrees which would be death in any kind of bubble cloner or ezcloner so 80 degrees sounds nuts but in this case it's where you want to be.

note that when i built this cab i intentionally designed it with an open shelf for the cloners to sit on with all the lights below that shelf, the intent was to veg newly rooted cuts on the floor below and to passively capture the heat from the bulbs to warm the cloner reservoirs and i guess i got lucky 'cause my res are all steady at 80 to 82 degrees and that is the perfect range for these cloners.

another thing worth noting is that the cloners all root with nothing but reflected light from the bulbs down below, when i first built the cab i originally had 3 bulbs down below and 1 up top but that upper bulb proved to be too hot and unnecessary and i haven't used it since the first run after the build.

...and now i think i'll hit the sack and come back tomorrow with a few more pics. I’m making my own clone tubes, are the bottom of the tubes wide open or is there some kind of cap with a restricted opening ? Thank you! Gona give ur method of cloning a try, some cool stuff right here bro.!

peace, SOG
    . Are the bottom of ur tubes wide open or is there some kind of a cap with a restricted holes ? Thank u

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by White Lightning View Post
    . Are the bottom of ur tubes wide open or is there some kind of a cap with a restricted holes ? Thank u
    ...yeah, i didn't realize that i hadn't posted pics of the bottoms but they do indeed have a bottom with small holes for the liquid to wick through.

...the original trays were those ice-tube trays and they came with a bottom so all i needed to do was make the holes, but after several years the plastic started to break down and become brittle so i replaced them with popsicle molds which did NOT come with a bottom so i had to improvise.

...what i used at first was some caps from milk cartons and being slightly too large i had to trim them too fit the popsicle trays.

20170227_235242-1.jpg

20170227_234931-1.jpg

...this next pic you can kinda see that i found some caps that fit so all i needed to do was make holes in the bottoms.

20161029_200952-1.jpg

...and here you can see some cut down coke bottle caps in the bottoms, note the larger hole in the bottom of the cloner itself as illustrated in the bottom picture, that hole is big enough for a pencil or the head of a 6 pennie nail to be used as a ram to push the rooted clones out from the bottom.

20161029_194939.jpg

DSCN1296.jpg

...anyway, my internet access is through my phone and most of my pics are on my pc so give me some time and i'll dig up some more detailed pics to post later today.

peace, SOG

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast