Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Moderators
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,731
    Given: 2,524
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DoobieDuck Art at The Emerald Cup

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you @Jorge Cervantes and MJ Growing for hosting and sharing my art....

20 years ago when I first attempted cannabis imagery I was fortunate to have spent a lifetime shooting wildlife and scenic images to help me along with technique; most of all flowers like this Rose. It was my first experimenting with a new Lens Baby selective focus lens.

rose7582-C-W.jpg

..you see by then, I had shot using just about every technique I could, as well as capturing every subject I could find. I was getting stale searching for something new and fresh! Never had I done much cannabis; even though I'd grown it for years-who'da thought! It wasn't long until I was sharing images like this Mandala Hashberry across the web forums..

1930b-hashberry-C-W.jpg

I was healthy at that time and traveling to juried art shows selling my art prints and note cards, but no cannabis images. The show, something I enjoyed the hell out of, but that was costing me money. Sales were not setting records. I struggled until I started shooting hummingbirds, like this from around 2000, I and then did OK.

001hummer-glad-C-W.jpg

My notoriety grew leaps and bounds on the Internet when I posted my first hummingbird and cannabis, this one, without the logo and text, used for years in my avatar:

2453-emerald-logo-2014.jpg

But that caused a shit-storm of controversy. Some people thought I was trying to deceive them and it was faked. I offered original un-edited copies to several sites to confirm the image being a single frame capture taken in one moment in time. Treating Yourself magazine, shortly afterwards, printed a story about me with the images to further validate their originality.

For the first time in 20 years I am again going to try selling my art at an event. My fine art prints will be offered in my booth at the Emerald Cup December 13th -14th 2014 Santa Rosa Ca..My macro cannabis imagery and hummingbirds the main focus of my showing.

I will be selling professionally mounted prints pressed onto styro board, some as large as 16x20 and 11x14. I do not print any larger than that unless special ordered, that will be available at my website. Also I will have nice 4x6 glossy photo image note cards, and to go with those, a 12 card box set of hummingbirds or macro cannabis shots. Here are examples of some of the images I chose for offering; I will be printing about 30 different images. I will also have my website www.doobieduck.com set up by then to offer the prints featured at the show including more.

Most important to me is looking forward to meeting people I’ve known only from the web for the past 20 years, you have all made this possible. If it weren't for you, due to my health, I would not have had the drive to keep moving forward with my art. Thank you for your likes, friendships, comments and compassion over the years, Jeff
    Sharing my art and imagery with the world to promote the love and understanding of cannabis…

Enjoy and please follow me in My Summer 2018 All Black Grow

...Got a memory like mine? MJGs' Rules and Guidelines

PM me if interested in prints of my art...

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Images for the show...

0 Not allowed!
    Some images I'm chosen for the show..I'm printing 30 or so, these only examples. cheers..DD

IMG_6151-hummer-16x20xC-W.jpg

IMG_6769-hummer-11x14x200-C-W.jpg

Agent-OJ-3448-3488-4x6-C-W.jpg

10-11-2014-purp-1600-4-x-6-C-W.jpg
    Sharing my art and imagery with the world to promote the love and understanding of cannabis…

blackdog

0 Not allowed!
    wonderful pics Doob, I really love the hummingbirds....I had a few fly around the garden this season. That's really a cool deal that your photo's will be on display.....hard work does pay off, keep at it and never give up....good or bad

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,477
    Given: 2,443
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck Doobie, I'm sure you'll do well

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,182
    Given: 1,952
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Oh my ... Hmm .. @DoobieDuck ... THAT is some the finest photographic work I've ever seen! ... IF Ansel Adams had worked in color and cannabis ... well, HE could do no better!
    The High Times Cup in Santa Rosa last June, was to be my LAST canna "event" ... This Emerald Cup sort of "sneaked" up on me ... And I see that a big ol' bunch of da crew is going to be there.... So, when I return from Vegas, Nov. 20, I'll be contacting @Klaatu @blackdog .. & @Smoke2J's .. perhaps we could make a "quartet" appearance, LOL.

In any case Doob, I wish you the best of Luck, though with your skills, I see no need for "Luck"! .... Grass
    Last edited by GrassDaddy; 11-12-2014 at 06:48 PM.
    "Our God given right to consume cannabis was "stolen" some 70 odd years ago ........
    And NOW, we reclaim this right by our sheer numbers.........
    GROW ON .... My Brothers ....................... GrassDaddy™"

"there are NO "stupid" questions.... however, sometimes the answers can be pretty lame........"

Most of the time, Youth & Skill are trumped by Old Age & Treachery!

"You can lead a jerk to knowledge, but you can't make him think!"....GrassDaddy

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,160
    Given: 766
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a good plan GrassDaddy.

Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,540
    Given: 3,310
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    @DoobieDuck,

Outstanding fotos!! They are well lit and in focus, keenly in focus. Taking fotos of a humming bird in flight takes a lot of patience. I love your work!!!!!

Please REVIEW The Cannabis Encyclopedia on amazon. Thanks! https://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Encyc...4331120&sr=1-3

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdog View Post
    wonderful pics Doob, I really love the hummingbirds....I had a few fly around the garden this season. That's really a cool deal that your photo's will be on display.....hard work does pay off, keep at it and never give up....good or bad
    blackdog thank you, I'm fighting the health every day friend and can'y imagine giving in or up. Keeping busy keeps my mind active and free..

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveaux View Post
    Good luck Doobie, I'm sure you'll do well
    Sir..thank you..I need all that I can get..peace..

Quote Originally Posted by GrassDaddy View Post
    Oh my ... Hmm .. @DoobieDuck ... THAT is some the finest photographic work I've ever seen! ... IF Ansel Adams had worked in color and cannabis ... well, HE could do no better!
    The High Times Cup in Santa Rosa last June, was to be my LAST canna "event" ... This Emerald Cup sort of "sneaked" up on me ... And I see that a big ol' bunch of da crew is going to be there.... So, when I return from Vegas, Nov. 20, I'll be contacting @Klaatu @blackdog .. & @Smoke2J's .. perhaps we could make a "quartet" appearance, LOL.

In any case Doob, I wish you the best of Luck, though with your skills, I see no need for "Luck"! .... Grass
    Grass Daddy your posts I always look forward to. Is there a reason, may I ask, you mention last year being your last, are you just wore out on them or was is not up to par for you? I anticipate I'll be meeting a younger crowd but this will actually be my very first event and I'm not sure what to expect...

I'd love to chat with you all, and I hope it would make your cup more interesting, I'm not sure if I can hold up to Ansel but I truly work hard at doing my best..cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke2Js View Post
    Sounds like a good plan GrassDaddy.
    Smoke2 would love to see you..

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Cervantes View Post
    @DoobieDuck,

Outstanding fotos!! They are well lit and in focus, keenly in focus. Taking fotos of a humming bird in flight takes a lot of patience. I love your work!!!!!
    Thank you Jorge, especially for noticing the technical points. My patience is in a lounge chair with a 30 foot shutter release, miss some shots when I fall asleep. Looking forward to seeing you there boss..smiles..DD

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,011
    Given: 9,543
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The photos are bad to the bone Doobie!! I would be worried 30 prints would be enough? But I'm sure cost is a factor.

If all the stars align I'm going!! But see how Karma goes...Tie a bow about her neck, a bud in her mouth and wave to security on the way in.

I'll tell them I'm with Jorge...ROFLOL kidding....

Marijuana Growing Founder
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,540
    Given: 3,310
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    @DoobieDuck is brilliant. We are all together and we help one another stay strong.

Please check out DubbieDuck´s foto on top of my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/JoCerv.

Great work demands recognition!

Please REVIEW The Cannabis Encyclopedia on amazon. Thanks! https://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Encyc...4331120&sr=1-3

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi
    “Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!” George Washington
    "The War on Drugs has no greater enemy than science" Jorge Cervantes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast