Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Moderators
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,731
    Given: 2,524
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doobie Ducks' Hummingbirds

0 Not allowed!
    Something I have not done yet here at MJ Growing is share with you the art that jump started my notoriety world wide. I've captured wildlife and avian images for years and I could never break into the publishing world until creating something unique. My first time being published was with Marco over at Treating Yourself mag in issue #14; in which he featured a story by me "Cannabis Photographer Goes to Pot" that included some of my hummingbirds and cannabis images.

Those became very popular on the web as Peeps seem to think of Mother Nature and what a wonderful thing we have been blessed with, two of her finest creations, cannabis and hummingbirds. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get a thread up here but I am shooting pics right now and have some never before published images I thought you'd enjoy.

These are single frame digital captures each taken in a single moment in time. By that I mean, they are not Photo-shopped, nothing is added or taken away from them. Some are cropped and lighting/color adjusted, sharpened, but NO other digital manipulation is done to these.

There has been a lot of controversy regarding my images and if the hummingbirds pictured are actually feeding on or ingesting cannabis, I do not believe they do, I have never seen them try to get nectar from this species of plant. They are only "passing thru" my grow, inspecting the plants, searching for food, nectar, possibly bugs. That makes these pix even more rare and hard to capture.

First is Tom Hills' Deep Chunk, a seeded mom flowering now..enjoy...DD

IMG_6750-hummer-deep-chunk-C-W.jpg

IMG_6759-hummer-deep-chunk-C-W.jpg

IMG_6766-hummer-deep-chunk-C-W.jpg

IMG_6769-hummer-deep-chunk-C-W.jpg

IMG_6776-hummer-deep-chunk-C-W.jpg
    Sharing my art and imagery with the world to promote the love and understanding of cannabis…

Enjoy and please follow me in My Summer 2018 All Black Grow

...Got a memory like mine? MJGs' Rules and Guidelines

PM me if interested in prints of my art...

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,365
    Given: 291
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    way cool! i am actually putting out my hummingbird feeders today to start the season. maybe i can lure one into my grow room!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 1,695
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    man that is so fucking cool like how your able to capture them birds and the clarity is great, you can almost pick a flea off them birds lol

you take such great pictures man do breeders ever send you their seeds in hopes of you growing and shooting them?
    There Are A Few Things I Hate In This World And Cannabis Certainly Is NOT One Of Them,
    Whoever Said Cannabis Is Bad For You Must Of Been High On Ignorance!!!

Live Each Day As Your Last And Live For The Moment For Tomorrow Is Not Promised And You Never Know When You Will Be Taken From This World

Grow Safe

PuffRyder

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by little drummer boy View Post
    ... i am actually putting out my hummingbird feeders today to start the season. maybe i can lure one into my grow room!
    Good luck with that LDB..thanks for writing, they will come inside my greenhouse but have a hell of a time finding their way back out..unless- I place the feeder very near a window. In the summer I have all the windows/sides open so it is hen not a problem and they come often.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffRyder View Post
    ...........you take such great pictures man do breeders ever send you their seeds in hopes of you growing and shooting them?
    Puff always good to see you, thanks, and yes, I've worked with and for many breeders, some popular ones and some great elite ones as well. It's always tough guaranteeing results if they offer me seed as ol Mother Nature throws a germing kink or something in the basket every once in awhile that can ruin things. But I try hard and offer copies of all my images to them at the end of the grow.

Here is my Menage A Moonshine created with MODs Menage A Trio and Bohempians Old Moonshine F2..cheers..DD

IMG_6940-hummer-menage-a-moon-C-W.jpg

IMG_6971-hummer-menage-a-moon-C-W.jpg

IMG_7013-hummer-menage-a-moon-C-W.jpg
    Sharing my art and imagery with the world to promote the love and understanding of cannabis…

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 1,695
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    these images are very nice too, i like that you were able to capture the birds coloring, the 2nd picture is my favorite
    There Are A Few Things I Hate In This World And Cannabis Certainly Is NOT One Of Them,
    Whoever Said Cannabis Is Bad For You Must Of Been High On Ignorance!!!

Live Each Day As Your Last And Live For The Moment For Tomorrow Is Not Promised And You Never Know When You Will Be Taken From This World

Grow Safe

PuffRyder

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...i like that you were able to capture the birds coloring, the 2nd picture is my favorite
    Puff thanks, the coloring is very difficult as it depends on where the lighting is coming from if it shows or not. Sometimes it just looks bland. I am using two separate flashes at different angles along with natural sunlight to capture what I can. I have plans on trying a few other things to see if I can get more of it to show. Peace..DD

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    May 6th last post! WTF DoobieDuck, let's have an update or something? So sorry there have been no new hummers n cannabis pics but the good news is-the girls are flowering, the hummers are here, and soon the two will be joined for a photo session!

These from this week, cheers enjoy..DD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just Hummers no weed...

0 Not allowed!
    Going back thru my threads and look what I found..hummingbirds. Sorry again for my being so tardy in keeping this up-to-date. Today I captured some of my first images of 2015, and sorry also I have no female cannabis to shoot these little birds with right now but the pics still need a home on the web. With these my plan was super close up but the fine feathered friends didn't quite do as I asked. Enjoy my friends..fall will be cannabis and hummers time. Peace DD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,105
    Given: 7,237
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    yeah man, it's truly awesome the clarity you get, with both the bird and the flower, ...and when you consider that one is such a rapidly moving target, to get that kind of focus is just awesome!

...i really need to get back to your site so i can buy one of your images to frame, maybe one for me and one as a gift for my daughter too, lol.

anyway, thanks for sharing your beautiful images here with us!

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,255
    Given: 972
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    these images are very nice too, i like that you were able to capture the birds coloring, the 2nd picture is my favorite
    hey hey PUFF, were you out at Chalice last weekend?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast