Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,518
    Given: 581
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Lots of times teas are for breeding up beneficial bacteria as the primary reason. You can always adjust amount of dung and stuff. The air stones are for enhancing the O2 for rapid bacteria growth. I think the NPK is secondary unless things go overboard hurting the plants then its a major concern Anything is better than nothing as long as no harm is being done
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,518
    Given: 581
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalo soldier View Post
    I have a quick question. In a greenhouse, outdoors, before June, how long should I have lights on to keep them in veg, and what should the light intensity be? I figure only a couple hours are needed, and would a 315 Ceramic metal halide per 5x5 space be enough for keeping the plants from flowering? Or better yet, what lights are best for keeping plants from flowering that you can spread out evenly over the canopy, I'm assuming that 315 ceramic metal halide is more than enough for 5x5 space, but if you could give me an answer on this one I would really appreciate it.

I'm curious of anyone who has actual experience with supplemental lights in a greenhouse and which are enough to keep plants from flowering, I assume they don't need to be that strong, but am curious what people typically use.

My medical greenhouse is a couple thousand square feet. What lights are typically used to keep plants from flowering in that kind of space?

Thanks
    Not sure if anybody answered you.....
    Some extend lighting either side of daylight. Jorge used to have a video where Colombians would use around an hour or more sometime during the night to break the light cycle from being a flowering length. Regular light bulbs can be used and doesn't have to be full power like growth. I'd figure the tail end of sunlight would be best to help the chemistry referred to below trail on. I'd think a 100 or 150 watt per 10' or so square would be enough although Colombians look like they are wider spaced.

What the lower light cycle that causes blooming does is allow a change in a predominant enzyme or something like that. Without a longer light period the weakened chemicals let another type that causes blooming be high enough. Couldn't find the video for you.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    hello please can you help me harvest my cannabis. im close to harvesting and was wondering the best way to dry my weed out. ive got a drying rack but i was thinking about hanging it up first. im not sure how long i should hang my cannabis before transfering to my rack or even if this id the best way. your help is very much appreciated thanks jorge

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 104
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tommmy91 View Post
    hello please can you help me harvest my cannabis. im close to harvesting and was wondering the best way to dry my weed out. ive got a drying rack but i was thinking about hanging it up first. im not sure how long i should hang my cannabis before transfering to my rack or even if this id the best way. your help is very much appreciated thanks jorge
    Most people like to hang it up from the stalks, at least for a while. I like to remove the biggest leaves before doing so and trim the tips (only the tips) from the larger bud leaves.
    It's thought to be something to do with the sugary smelly sap being drawn towards the buds and bud leaves as the moisture evaporates from the surface of the buds and bud leaves.

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,304
    Given: 875
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    There is no running sap in cannabis. hahaha

Hanging ONLY gets all the leaves pointing down...

Resins are in the outside of the buds..

No maple syrup...

Buds do tend to dry more uniformly hanging upside down, with no flat spots...

I prefer to trim all the branches, then manicure the buds while still moist. To further dry them on screens. In the dark, to allow the chlorophyll to be absorbed, while letting the lovely strain colours come through.
    Buds can be turned once a day... if not too tedious.

Dr.Chas-THC
    Last edited by Dr.Chas-THC; 08-17-2018 at 07:26 PM.
    Advanced Nutrients, CLW SolarStorm 880,
    Method Seven Operator LED,
    Magical Butter II, 1000w MH, 400w MH,
    EZ Clone 16,
    Gorilla Grow Tent 5’ x 5’ x 6’11” ~ 7’11”,
    HyperFan 8” HyperFan Hyper Climate Control

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132