Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,010
    Given: 9,543
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Over 10 years ago....All you need is sunshine, water and lovin

0 Not allowed!
    ATT00021.jpgATT00066.jpgATT00072.jpgATT00011.jpgATT00078.jpg

Long before Foxfarm and Grow Bibles, and other signature mixes and publications...there was dirt, water and sun.

Shark fishing in Humboldt Bay to make fish emulsion by soaking in 55 gal drum, slaughter house was our blood meal and while out fishing, throw some sea weed in the truck to put in compost pile.

Lots more but sun just came out so gotta get busy. May 5th planting is coming soon

billyburnz

0 Not allowed!
    Beauty in the PNW, great shots and love that kind of sustainence, look forward to some more pics so get that work done, thanks Runamuk 1

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,182
    Given: 1,952
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    LOL .... Yes indeed!! .... I DO remember da "Good ol' Days" ..... When we got GREAT smoke from the basics!!!!!

I'm NOT criticizing the plethora of "soils/nutes/supplements" that are supposed to "improve" our production ...
    But sometimes wonder if it's REALLY worth ALL the $$$ we invest in "razzle-dazzle" claims of "ultimate" grow juices and "perfect" soils.
    I really believe that the "Hydro" folks are the true beneficiaries of the chemicals put forth today.
    The "dirt" people, such as myself, maybe not so much ..... Because as pointed out by the O.P.,
    We got great weed, back in the day ... LONG before the $$$ chemicals & $$$ soils!

Jus' my perspective ..... GrassDaddy
    "Our God given right to consume cannabis was "stolen" some 70 odd years ago ........
    And NOW, we reclaim this right by our sheer numbers.........
    GROW ON .... My Brothers ....................... GrassDaddy™"

"there are NO "stupid" questions.... however, sometimes the answers can be pretty lame........"

Most of the time, Youth & Skill are trumped by Old Age & Treachery!

"You can lead a jerk to knowledge, but you can't make him think!"....GrassDaddy

Marijuana Growing Moderators
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,727
    Given: 2,519
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Runamuk1 Good thread, and images! Me too, no offense to those growing Hydro and other ways, some of your work amazes me, but I still grow pretty much old school. My firts, composted steer manure, is usually added to the soil in the spring and many years that's all the plants get. yes I'd like to grow bigger plants but mine are healthy and seem to get me many comments each fall on the colas-some of those asking what firts I'm using. The few patients that receive the meds love them as well, peace..DD.
    Sharing my art and imagery with the world to promote the love and understanding of cannabis…

Enjoy and please follow me in My Summer 2018 All Black Grow

...Got a memory like mine? MJGs' Rules and Guidelines

PM me if interested in prints of my art...

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm with you 200% all the way with soil..

But I've done hydro with good success also. Just keep in mind that being in a more urban, dense environment might serve the hydro grower better. And commercially it's a little more reliable in soiless for most guys. I do fine in soil. 500-700 grams off a 600 watt.

Here in the Swiss alps, raw soil amenments are not as available as bottled nutes so I struggle a little at the moment.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    B'jour hle144!wave.gif Didn't see until now that you're in Switzerland. I lived in Annemasse.

Anyway, we do both soil and hydro and IMO, less is more either way. My current supplier said that to me one day when we were having a dreadful problem and I took it to heart. Things have only been getting better and better since then.

So long as you have good soil, plenty of sunshine, and great air, our girls do well in soil with nothing more than what Runamuk1 said, albeit in bottled form since it's cheaper than going out on day boats, never mind getting to the ocean.

In hydro, we use as few ferts as possible and in minimal amounts. Good, sensible light, clean oxygenated swirling water and great air do the trick. We have to lop the tops of our hydro grows because they'll hit 6' or more from the deck, growing into the lights. We've had that "problem" ever since we started using microbes.

It's hard. The nute and fert sellers convince you that their product will result in phenom yields and heaven knows, both my partner and I have fallen prey to the claims, turning into regular plant killers.

But in reality the only real magic is loving your plants enough to listen to them carefully and give them an enhanced version of what nature provides - proper pruning, good circulation, and nothing to clog the nutrition network.

Good thread, Runamuk. Thank you!
    Babies: Concentrate on good roots, building the base on which the plants will grow.
    Teens: Train without killing their spirit, encouraging the attributes the plants were born with.
    Flower: Tend them gently with love in their old age so they go out with dignity and glory.
    Finally: Have the patience to cure their fruit like fine wine.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey R,

I dedicate this lemon skunk to you... She was an extra a friend traded us and we ran out of space so we have just kepted her outside the last almost 3 weeks. It was one of the worst summers here since 200 years!!! Rain water, sunlight, good soil.... It's a weed!!!!! Go baby go....

image.jpg

And this one too... It's been rainy but our Indian Summer, the worms returned. My wife and I can pick 10 kilos easy of fresh ewc!!!!
    image.jpg
    Last edited by hle144; 09-22-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,010
    Given: 9,543
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey thanks I really needed a pick me up and your kind words have done this for me, Thank you all so much; after what has happened to me the last few days.

Yesterday, my body went into shock due to stress and over working. Uncontroable shaking and couldn't move. Friends happened to call me to check in as I had not been home for a few days. There was a guard here but wasn't me. When they came to pick me up to take me either to emergency room or home...I chose home. When they came, I was laying on the ground in fetal position in a friends backyard where I was prcessing with my wonderful new machine. After I got home nothng was getting better so I then went to bed in 90 degree weather under heavy blankets and still freezing my ass off along with pain that I had not experienced ever before.

Last Thursday, I received a extortion attempt on my crop from someone I had only communicated with via email and a couple of phone calls close to two months ago. I have never met this person and doubt I ever will, and at this point in time he best bring an army should he try to step foot on my property.

My first mistake was answering an ad on craigslist where someone was looking for "Grower" I thought since I did have plants for his card I would help him out. What he did rather than put me as grower he put my address as his grow site under his name. Then told me he was coming to pick up his plants. Plants that he had never seen, touched or had anything to do with. We have gone back and forth with emails and phone calls..again. He has no right legaly for anything on my property as he didn't do anything. But rather than get caught with my pants down and face possable legal issues...I made the problem go away.

So the photos you have seen all season as I mentioned before were only a partial of what was and now no longer is. It sucks to have to do what I did becaue of some idiot I don't even know, but I'd rather be safe than writing this from small room with locked door. I would rather have 30 lb of the expected 50 and be free. Guess I will just have to rent a smaller villa in Puarta Vallarta this winter.

So now there are 6 plants exactly what my card says I can have. Moral of story is never Ever waver from rule #1 Don't tell anyone!!!!!!

It is so wonderful to have friends who when called they come running. Willing to place their lives and freedom at risk to save my ass. Naturally they are well rewared for their help.

As with all my posted photos and implied plants growing past and future; it is total fiction and a product of my vivid imagination, nothing I have said is to be taken seriously.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed mate, old techniques are still the best, new techniques sure give you bigger yield but missed the original taste .....No offence...