Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 175
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Exactly what i've been after, tired of relying on soluble nutrients which in my opinion can cause more harm than positives. Its all about the medium!
    If nature is illegal then freedom doesn't exist!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 74
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Def one of my fav reads on this site so far... merry christmas and I hope for me detailed info from you
    Well, I came upon a child of God He was walking along the road And I asked him, tell where are you going?

This he told me
    Said, I'm going down to Yasgur's Farm Gonna join in a rock and roll band Got to get back to the land and set my soul free

We are stardust, we are golden. We are billion year old carbon And we got to get ourselves back to the garden

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using Worm Castings

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the good words about worm castings and worm tea. We are a small Florida company and you can find out lot of information about worm castings on our website www.greenleafwormfarm.com or YouTube under Green Leaf Worm Farm. I would like to quote this paragraph on our Facebook page and in our next newsletter but how do we give credit?

Earthworm Castings (Vermicompost)

Earthworm castings are probably the single most beneficial amendment we will see, next to homemade compost, for our soil’s microbial life. This stuff is full of it! For those unfamiliar, earthworm castings are really just the end result of broken down organic matter by an earthworm. AKA, their poop. Containing water-soluble nutrients, vermicompost is an excellent, nutrient-rich organic fertilizer and soil conditioner. It is rich in microbial life, which converts nutrients already present in the soil into plant-available forms. Unlike other compost, worm castings also contain worm mucus, which helps prevent nutrients from washing away with the first watering and holds moisture better than plain soil. Worm castings are loaded with beneficial soil microbes and other soil organisms that will help restore life and health to depleted and worn out garden soils.

If there is one thing you add to your soil, make it vermicompost! Store bought is generally fine, but make sure you are getting pure EWC, nothing that’s been diluted. Preferable to this option is creating your own vermicomposting bin so that you always have a fresh supply! Not to mention the microbial content of your own fresh worm poop is far superior to that of the packaged and dried alternative.

You can also make fantastic compost teas out of this stuff, or top dress with it as a sludge with some water and molasses to supercharge your plants and containers. But we'll get into that more later.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456