Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, so much. Smoking is not an option for me, severe asthma and allergies. What do you think of the ointments for the pain or the oil would have the same effect. You have given me a great overview so today I will go to the smoke shop and get something

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,644
    Given: 1,551
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hi,

I will be testing every plant I grow (3 per year), cloning every single one, testing for CBD/THC levels after harvest with AlphaCat test kits (Jorge recommends them) and then keeping a bonsai'd mum of the clones which I want to keep. If I really like a strain then I can also get a few more beans and see if I prefer it's other pheno's. I've already bought 2 of each of a few CBD Crew strains ;-)

This way I will:

- know exactly what my medicine contains and at what ratio
    - have the option to keep exact genetics that i like
    - improve my 'library' over time i.e. as I find more suitable cuts I can discard others; due to space limitations I can only realistically keep 9 max.

This is all being achieved via a 3 cab setup...made from an Ikea double sliding door wardrobe.

Some types of cuts I already know I will be retaining and looking to 'improve' over time:

- A super-high THC limonene/citrus strain.
    - A super-high CBD strain eg a 20:1 (CBD/THC) with overall 20% CBD...man, that would be cool!
    - A 1:1 strain
    - A 2:1 strain

Anyway, I'm about to germ 1 x Medi Haze or Mango Haze (CBD Crew) and will have a thread in Grow Journals - have a thread currently going on there now re: current grow ;-)

ILZ
    2nd Grow : [U] https://www.marijuanagrowing.com/sho...emental-Seeds)[/B]

1st Medical Grow - Achieved over 1g per Watt!!! 1 x Berry Bomb (fem by Elemental Seeds), 250w HPS throughout, Coco Hempy, SCROG, Grounded

Bio:
    Started micro-dosing in mid '15. Also provide my wife meds for various issues inc. chronic pain.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,531
    Given: 2,660
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @sandynsa
    You should also do more research regarding your asthma and cannabis. Some cannabis is also known to be an effective bronchial dialator. Meaning it opens up your air ways. It may seem counter intuitive yet it is true. This is a magnificent plant. We haven't even scratched the surface of what this plant can do. Refer to this link. It's a lengthy read. Since you are affected by this malady I suppose you will be inspired to learn the info and further your own personal research. In this thread they are using the "delta-9 tertrahydracannabinoid" as an aerosol. Really? I didn't know it could be made in to that!

---

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1429361/

---

Abstract
    1 delta1-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol, (delta1-THC) produces bronchodilatation in asthmatic patients. 2 Administered in 62 microliter metered volumes containing 50--200 microgram by inhalation from an aerosol device to patients judged to be in a steady state, it increased peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) and forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV1). 3 The rate of onset, magnitude, and duration of the bronchodilator effect was dose related.

---
    Are you amazed yet?!!!

(puff!)

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the information. I will continue to read and get more information. I did go to the Smoke Shop and get CBD, first step, now to try it. I was looking for the capsules but ended up with the oil or tincture not sure which is which, this you put under your tongue. I was amazed that if can be a bronchial dialator.
    Last edited by sandynsa; 02-02-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,531
    Given: 2,660
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @sandysna
    CBD is very forgiving. It is not psychoactive so it wont mess with you in a bad way. Enjoy it.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    It all depends on individual preferences and what you plan to use it for? CBD products can be split into three main categories: edibles, inhalable, and topicals.

Inhalable (such as vape pens or concentrates, such as CBD wax) are most suited for those who need immediate relief throughout the day, such as with anxiety or breakthrough pain. Inhalable CBD enters the bloodstream immediately via the lungs, and beneficial effects last for about an hour. I use both 500mg CBD Vape and 1000mg Tinctures.

Topicals ( CBD-infused body care products) work for a variety of situations. Body care products are good for the casual user who wants to add CBD to their daily self-care routine, or for those seeking relief with a variety of skin maladies.

Edibles are great for those seeking long-lasting and on-the-go relief. CBD-infused gummies, tinctures, and capsules can be taken on trips or to work without drawing attention to yourself. If you’re sensitive to the taste of hemp oil or want to avoid sugary products, go with CBD capsules. Edible CBD generally takes between 30-60 minutes to begin working and offers relief for up to five or six hours.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I personally prefer the gummies over any other method. No matter what I smoke have it be cigars, CBD, marijuana, cigarettes etc the smoke always bothers my lungs and I cough. CBD via gummies dosn't have any negative side effects for me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456