This is a list that I started so that you and I can answer cultivation questions better. Many of the questions I receive in the Questions to Jorge forum do not provide enough information for me to give an answer. I also notice that we must go back and forth requesting information and it is doled out little at a time. All of this is counterproductive and time consuming.
Right now I have a few minutes to start the list, but do not have enough time to make it in detail. This is where you all come in. Please add to the list. When the list is complete, I will clean it up and publish it on the forum. I will ask everybody who asks a question to fill out the list.
The list will serve three purposes. (1) it will provide us with enough information to answer questions properly. (2) it will help the gardener asking the question organize their thoughts and often answer their own questions. (3) this mental process will help us all become better cannabis cultivators and better advisors.
First and foremost it is essential to include a foto or as many fotos as possible. Turn off HP sodium lamps before taking fotos so that the color rendition of the foliage is more accurate. Fotos that are in focus make it easier to diagnose problems.
Air or atmospheric conditions
1. Temperature both day and night
2. Relative humidity both day and night
3. CO2 level - pertains to indoors (optional expensive to measure)
Light source and details
1. Lamp type - HP sodium, metal halide, LED, CFL, Fluorescent, Plasma
2. Natural sunlight - hours of direct sunlight
3. Intensity of light in footcandles or lux at plant canopy
4. Photoperiod - hours of total darkness and light plant receives in 24 hours
1. Native or raw water pH and EC/ppm
2. Temperature of water day and night
1. Soil - describe and list what you know
2. Soilless mix - describe and list what you know
3. Hydroponic medium - type and description
3. pH of medium
4. Growing medium temperature
1. Composition - list of contents, what is in it and sources if possible
2. Expiration date on label
3. List of brands and specific types of nutrients being used
Please note that each of the five things above account for 20% of the whole equation. Too often gardeners concentrate on "nutrients" because this is what they are taught by advertisers who condition cannabis gardeners consumption habits.
Please include as many other details as possible including:
1. Container size, shape and construction material
2. Irrigation type and frequency
3. Location of outdoor plants - list any trees or other plants nearby
4. Anything that you have changed recently that may have affected growth
5. Send fotos and make sure they are in focus.
There are all kinds of other questions too. Please include the above information and the following:
1. Pests - insects, mites, worms, etc. Send a foto of damage or the pest
2. Disease - Send foto of damage and make sure it is in focus.
3. Cultural problems - slow growth, weird growth, etc. - send a foto of entire plant and of foliage too. If possible sent fotos of the same plants that were taken in the past. The longer the historical record, the better.
4. Nutrients - Send a foto of the damage