Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heyyy first day of grow.

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, new to growing here. California (la) area. So looking for other growers to share and chat with. I built my first DWC setup, with top feed drop. 450w light, 2x2 fully sealed, 8inch phat carbon filter with 4 inch duct, ac infinity inline fan(super freakin quiet), grape pie strain, air stone. You tube video shows my setup. https://youtu.be/NOyRt8k4NBM I actually bought Mr Cervantes Cannabis aencyclopedia today also, that’s how I found this site. Very very good book, might have to buy another one after I finish.

So I looked up DWC culture everywhere and couldn’t find much you tube videos. So I decided to give this forum a try.
    Today I revived my plant it was 18 inch tall. I transplanted from soil into DWC system with coco. I rinsed with klense nutrients from cyco 1/2 ounce to 3 gallons water. Then let sit in RO water. Mixed my nutrients and filled main bucket. Added plant to setup. Started to low stress train it. Figured it should thrive in the dwc (hopefully). Mixed nutrients at 65-75 percent. Any tips would be nice. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,530
    Given: 2,660
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Oldskool
    I like your passion. Also like your set up. Sweet! After a transplant like she just went through...i woukd wait on the training just yet. I would give her a few days to adjust to new DWC. They are resilient plants. Yet They do still experience stress. The stress can slow her down a bit. Especially if she experiences a couple different forms of stress. I.E. transplant AND training. She will be fine but her recovery will speed up if she gets a couple days between shocks/stress factors. Personal opinion...i probably baby mine too much.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Patient puffer
    Thank you, it took me a lot of effort to build it. Yes i believe letting her get used to dwc is best. But I already tied her down, and looked at her this morning, she’s alive. Lol as a new grower, I really wanted to try a lot of different things. Not just do the same as Everyone else. If I see signs of stress then I’ll remove ties. I really appreciate your advice. Thank you.
    I also just bought my tickets for cannabis cup in California, in March. Going to be fuun, anyone else going?
    Not sure if u have you a thumbs up or thumbs down, let me know so I can change it if it’s a thumbs down
    Kinda complicated site to use. But worth it.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,882
    Given: 1,006
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    8” filter with a 4” duct?

So I’m wondering, why the reduction?

Me, With an 8” Hyperfan, 8” duct, going to a 8” X 40” Mountain Air Filter...

I could have saved a few bucks, but why, go that direction?

Plus, Herb is legal in Cal. now...

Dr.Chas-THC
    Advanced Nutrients, CLW SolarStorm 880,
    EZ Clone 16,
    Gorilla Grow Tent 5’ x 5’ x 6’11” ~ 7’11”,
    Gorilla Gear Board ~ Hurricane Super 8 Fan,
    HyperFan 8”~HyperFan Hyper Climate Control,
    Magical Butter II, 1000w MH, 400w MH,
    Method Seven Operator LED,
    MountainAir Big Air Volatile Organic
    Activated Carbon Filter 8”x40”!!

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    So my fault, did not explain correctly. It’s a 8inch diameter phat carbon filter with a 4inch outlet. So I connected it with 4inch flex tubing. I live in a Apartment that has a no smoking policy and no growing. So I had to put a filter on it. Do you know how to increase tds(ppm) is it just base nutes I add more of? Seems like I added a lot to it and not going up a lot.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I completely understand your living situation, as I’m in the same place. Well, about the same, being in a Smoke Free living environment, and being a herb smoker. I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey 30 years ago...That was easy. Before closing my eyes for sleep the night before I stopped, I asked God to prove he was real. I prayed to him and simply said, “God, if you are listening, and want to prove yourself to me, this is your chance, help me, Dear God please, help me. If you are real, this is your chance to show me now.”
    When I woke up the next morning, I had no cravings and never looked back. Oh, well there was that one day about six months in, that I sat down after dinner, and was reaching out for where I used to keep my smokes. But they weren’t even there. That was an odd feeling. It shows how deeply ingrained our bad habits affect our thinking...

Why would an 8” filter have such a narrow end? That makes no sense to me. If that setup works for you, that’s great.
    What kind of Dis.Meter/Pen are you using? Does it need to be calibrated? Most Pens show a number that needs to be multiplied by K. Or 1000. Perhaps you aren’t reading it correctly?
    No, you can’t keep adding more full strength nutrients trying to raise the dissolved nutrient levels shown on the Pen.
    If It were me, I would take a pint of your mixed nutrient to a near hydro shop if possible, and get them to check your pen, against one that is working correctly. I live way too far away to help you with that dilemma. But it could be easily rectified by that visit to a store, nearest to you...
    Just follow the label recommendations for mixing your plant food.
    If you do go, please let me know how the visit helped you, to figure out the meter miscalculation? Thanks.

Dr.Chas-THC
    EZ Clone 16,

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    There are no thumbs down, in this forum. No, it’s either pointing up, from a tap of the tab, or not.

For a negative response, they post some ridicule and insults. Hahaha
    Yeah well a few here are that mean spirited. They get their kicks by put downs and insults. Pretty lame.

Dr.Chas-THC
    EZ Clone 16,

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,460
    Given: 7,713
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...hello and welcome, to the site and the hobby.

...anyway, DWC can be tricky for a newcomer so i'd have pointed you toward a simpler style until you had gained some experience.

...that being said, you ARE growing DWC so it's with this that you need help with, sadly i moved away from active hydro several years ago so my personal knowledge is limited, fortunately i've been around for more than a dozen years so i know where shit is.

...so, here are a couple links, one to a grower who was new like you and one to an advanced grower running a recirculating DWC, hopefully these threads will contain some of the answers you seek.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=353876

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=26343

peace, SOG