Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd Hydroponic PC grow!

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone, good to be back and growing again. I am using the same set up as I did last time.
    -PC case with 4 CFL 100W 5.7K for veg and 4 100W 2.5K for flowering.
    -Using different nutes: Fox Farm Trio
    -Rockwool medium with clay hydroton in net pot
    -Seed: White Widow auto
    -1.5 Gallon plastic container with reflective tape on top (to keep light out of reservoir) for the DWC
    -I add a strip of LED to the bottom during flowering to give the lower buds more light due to the tight space
    - Water: using distilled water from Walmart. Very easy to keep ph level. The nutes added make the ph to about 5.8ph and very easy to control.

覧 Things I have done differently so far that have helped. For the ones that followed my last grow you will know I had a lot of problems in in the very beginning. Almost gave up. Here is the list of things I致e done differently that has already shown improvements. Hope this helps other noobs like me.

- I pre soaked rockwool cube for 12hrs in ph 5.5. I believe this made my plant grow much faster. It took almost 6 days last time for seed to sprout. This time it was less than 2 days!! The never went limp and leaves did not have any yellowing.
    - I did not give plant any nutes until 3rd nodes appeared. Then started very light with 150ppm. The difference this made is I didn稚 not give nutrient burn early which I believe stunted my growth. And slowed the growth down. I transplanted this new seed into rock wool on 2/6/19 and 3rd nodes are coming in strong roots are very healthy and plant is a beautiful green on 2/18/19.

I will post pics later and Will update on this post how the plant is doing. Hope this will help another hydro noob.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,525
    Given: 2,650
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Tntuba
    Very detailed thread. Very helpful for individuals trying the same set up. Exactly what this site is set up for. Thank you for sharing your vital and valuable information.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,459
    Given: 7,713
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...yeah, is that 100watts actual or equivalent? ...makes a huge difference.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 239
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a nice setup looking forward to see some pics.
    Pushing little children with their fully automatics.
    They like to push the weak around.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 55
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Very interesting, and I've pondered trying my luck with a similar type op. Very cool.
    I'll be around.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @someoldguy I will find out and see. I never really knew there was a difference! I hope they are the right ones.

@Patient puffer Thank you! And I hope I can help people like you all have helped me.

@Splatoid I will take some pics when I get home later tonight. I知 gonna add a scrubber for the smell later. Bought the duct work, scrubber and fan and I think it is gonna look really cool.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,459
    Given: 7,713
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tntuba View Post
    @someoldguy I will find out and see. I never really knew there was a difference! I hope they are the right ones.

@Patient puffer Thank you! And I hope I can help people like you all have helped me.

@Splatoid I will take some pics when I get home later tonight. I知 gonna add a scrubber for the smell later. Bought the duct work, scrubber and fan and I think it is gonna look really cool.
    ...yeah man, i'm guessing they are equivalents which are the right ones because 400watts of actual power in a pc case would probably produce more heat than you could deal with.

...CFLs are marketed as a green replacement for the obsolete and now almost impossible to find incandescent bulbs so you don't want to go by the bullshit on the packaging, instead, look to the base of the bulb where you should find the specs and if you are unfamiliar and don't know how to read that then post a pic of the text and we'll figure out exactly what you have.

...anyway, lol, here is a couple shots of a different type of CFL that would work perfectly in your pc case.

DSCI1678smll.jpg

...these come in several wattages and Kelvin temps and the higher the wattage, the longer, physically, the bulb is, these are 4100Kelvin 55watters and they measure just shy of 23inchs from the socket if i remember right.

DSCI1754smll.jpg

...and here is a link to a long running and still active discussion on the use of these bulbs and don't be daunted by the length of the thread and jump to the end to ask questions, if you're interested then start at the beginning where you will find wiring diagrams and instructions as well as links to suppliers.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=132787

...i would also say that growing in a pc case is very difficult, the smaller the space the harder it is to deal with all the variables like heat, humidity and vertical space to name the most obvious.

...anyhow, here is a discussion on how to grow in 1square foot of space that while not specifically about just pc case grows, i'm betting you will find a shitload of info useful to your situation.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=190726

peace, SOG

...i should say too that i do have a fair bit of experience growing under CFLs in tight spaces, albeit not as small as a pc case. ...my CFL light setup and i ran 4 of these each with 8x 23 or 26watt bulbs so around 200watts per fixture.

P4020020smll.jpg

DSCI0098smll.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @someoldguy man those were some awesome threads. It created a rabbit hole where I saw someone痴 aeroponic pc grow. Been reading the threads for about an hour now lol. Those lights will be perfect for what I want to turn the pc into later. When I get a tent I will use it as my my Veg., then move them into tent for flowering. So I can grow constantly. When I get home I値l take pics of the CFL lights. And I did pretty good with the last pc grow I did. But quality was not that great but I知 gonna try to do better. I stressed my plant a lot with many mistakes. I知 gonna use scrog this time to hopefully keep the height down.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Here is the new lady
    IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2388.jpg

Here is my PC set up for veg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg

this is the lights @someoldguy
    is this ok? I can already tell that its different specs than the box says
    IMG_2389.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Here is the carbon filter it wouldn't let me add 5 pics lol
    IMG_2392.jpg
    this filter does not block "all" the smell. In reality just basically makes the smell not spread throughout my house but when you open the door in about 8 weeks in grow, BAM! it really takes your breath away lol. That is why I am gonna install a scrubber on this bad boy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast