Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New to Growing

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 3
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    One week update on the Critical Purple Auto.1week.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Finally found my loupe. So I duct taped it to my camera lens on my phone and ...
    loope.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    budz.jpg
    I was originally going to scrog this plant but kinda chickened out since it was my first grow. I did top it twice. I recently decided to pull the main stems down, and in doing so, out from the middle. A couple days latter I noticed a bunch of new bud sights lower on the branches previously unexposed to the current amount of light they are receiving now. So my question is (I'll bet by now you knew there was one coming) should I leave those sites alone or trim them off for bigger main buds? It seems like trimming them would be a big loss but I also see how there might be a bigger loss in total flower by leaving them. Oh yeah, according to the seed packet I think there is between five or six weeks left of flowering. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
    Last edited by Blastdaddy; 03-16-2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: bad info

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 884
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Great pictures @Blastdaddy something about those close up pictures with the jewlers loupe, simply beautiful.

Your question, that would be completely up to you. You can tie branches to the side to allow light to pass through. I didn’t mess around with them, I cut off the majority of the buds forming below the top canopy that wasn’t getting light. Doing that I was allowing the plant to focus its energy on the buds that were getting light. I got a lot more bigger buds rather then small popcorn buds. Again it’s completely up to man. Good luck, eager to see what you choose. Maybe other members will have better advice then me. =)
    Excuse me while I light my spliff. Good god, I gotta take a lift. -Marley

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,530
    Given: 2,660
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Blastdaddy
    As @Backlipslide mentioned, less bud sites allows your plant to focus on sites in FULL LIGHT EXPOSURE. If these "new sites" are receiving full light as a few of them appear to be, i would leave them. I am not an indoor expert. Though i have grown enough indoors to know pop corn buds chew up your plants resources. You wont have it all figured out your 1st grow...nor you 16th grow. Sadly enougj we keep getting better at this hobby. Which means we didn't know as much last time. Which is great. Means we are always imrpoving.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456