Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New grow

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 529
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Potbellied pothead
    Lmao glad to see you figured that out. Your plants look like their loving the new light.

I tried 2.5 gallon buckets (was trying to keep it small) back fired. The plants were showing signs of stress. Had to transplant again into a 5 gallon cloth pot. I’m super glad I did that. The roots in the bucket were so root bound it was unbelievable, (you can see pictures of it in my thread called my first project in the journal section. After chopping my black diamond down and looking at the “root ball” in the pot, there were no signs of roots touching the pot, at all really. Was a few at the bottom poking out the bottom. My point here is try to stay away from plastic pots, they get so root bound so easily. Cloth pots have smart technology in them to let the roots get air from the side of the pot and pushes the roots away from the edges of the pot. I was amazed when I looked at it. Was going to get pictures of the roots but there wasn’t any, so I didn’t take a picture. Just food for thought man!!

Here’s a pic of the holes I cut in my 2.5 g buckets, not as big as yours, but close to the same amount of holes
    22EA93A6-2024-4EA2-B046-A9644B21F5E7.jpg

Looks like your doing a good job man, keep it up.
    Last edited by Backlipslide; 02-09-2019 at 03:19 PM.
    Excuse me while I light my spliff. Good god, I gotta take a lift. -Marley

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,361
    Given: 7,598
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...yeah, these were both flowered in cut down 2liter Coke bottles under a 400CMH in my bloombox and together they yielded just shy of 4zipz.

DSCI0043.jpg

...and this is a shot of one of my grobro's mothers that had lived in this same 9oz cup of coco for nearly 2 years, no repotting ever.

DSCI0152.jpg

...and sadly i don't have pics on my phone but i could show you one of my gurls that i flowered and revegged and flowered again for a total of 3 seperate harvests from the same plant and for all of that the plant lived in the same 6liter coco hempy bucket.

...so i guess my point is that 'rootbound' isn't as big an issue for us as you have been led to believe.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,237
    Given: 2,172
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Backlipslide
    I use 2-3 gallon buckets. I flower them after 1 month of veg. So I never really experience root bound issues. I read that 1 month/1 gallon of growth to soil. Pretty good rule. Yet I look at someoldguys bonsai in a beer cup. Hahaha...uhh...haha haha. I don't get it. I got seedlings in those cups right now not too happy. Probably need a little nutes. Experience is also a GREAT factor.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Day 32 above soil. Nice nugs forming. What do you guys think?20190214_164238.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 529
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Lookin good man!! Filling out nicely!
    Excuse me while I light my spliff. Good god, I gotta take a lift. -Marley

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234