Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 484
    Given: 350
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My First Try at Sea of Green

0 Not allowed!
    Here are a couple of pix of my first shot at a sea of green. Any ideas you have would be helpful.

Thanks, BratGirlIMG_0246.jpgIMG_0247.jpg
    [QUOTE] Work will work, when wishing won't. My own quote.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,361
    Given: 7,598
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...yeah, it looks more like you're attempting a 'SCROG' (SCReen Of Green) rather than a SOG, if so then i think I'd raise the 'screen' a bit, say 6", if you are doing a SCROG then you want the screen high enough so you get good airflow under the canopy.

...i ran my SOG for 12 years so if you have questions i should be able to answer them or i should know where to look for the answers i do not know.

peace, SOG

...note that my 'initials' are SOG which was intentional in part because i am indeed an old guy plus, i have ALWAYS run SOG, from my first bean.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 529
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @bratgirl
    Is that a piece of (what I know as, and might be called different) snow fence? That’s a pretty good idea. How old are your girls?
    Excuse me while I light my spliff. Good god, I gotta take a lift. -Marley

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Backlipslide
    Yep it is what we used to call snow fence. I had to hunt like hell to find it and I like to use it to grow tomatoes in the summer as a trellis. It's better than a bunch of steaks.
    Thanks for the feed back.
    BTW the girls are two months old.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @someoldguy, it's really good to hear from you. I was hoping I would!
    I will raise my screen up today, easy done. I'm only at nine inches from soil line to screen. How high do you think the screen ought to be since nine inches is not enough?

Thanks.

BratGirl

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bratgirl View Post
    @someoldguy, it's really good to hear from you. I was hoping I would!
    I will raise my screen up today, easy done. I'm only at nine inches from soil line to screen. How high do you think the screen ought to be since nine inches is not enough?

Thanks.

BratGirl
    ...yeah hon, i hate to admit this but i've actually never run a SCROG so i'm not the guy to ask, what i know is you need to veg long enough to weave all your branchs through the screen, then once the screen is mostly full, you flip to 12/12.

...and that you want to make sure you have good airflow beneath the canopy, actually you'll want to completely defoliate below the screen once you flip to 12/12.

...SOGing on the other hand is something i have LOTS of experience with.

...if you'd like i can track down some links to SCROG grows for you so you can watch others how they do things and you should be able to ask questions too, i do know one guy who is well worth studying but he is no longer active so you won't be able to ask him questions.

...anyway, let me know if you want those links.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @someoldguy I would like any links you could find to help me out here. I can see where growing SOG is going to take some time but that's fine. I did raise the screen up and trimmed off a lot of the under growth because it wasn't getting much light any way. Now I'll just wait for the girls to catch up to the screen. I hope it doesn't take too long, though it been fun watching. I've dropped a pix of them for you to peak at. They look pathetic right now but we'll see. That's all for now.
    Thanks for the help.

BratGirlIMG_0253.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...yeah hon, this is NOT meant as a critism but what you are doing is NOT a SOG, it's a SCRog and yeah, a SCRog does indeed take some time because you have to veg until you fill the screen.

...with SOG, or Sea of Green, you veg elsewhere until the plant is ready to flip and you time it so that you are regularly harvesting and replacing those harvested plants with those vegged plants ready to flip.

...as an example, when i was growing in my bloombox, the build for which is linked in my signature, i was running a high-density microSOG with 55 plants potted into DIY pots made from 1liter Smart water bottles and where i would harvest 10 plants every two weeks and put 10 more in that same day, so the cab was mostly full at all times.

RKS-a - e-day 1-smll.jpg

DSCI1319smll.jpg

...this is the original iteration of the bloombox when iwas running twin 150HPS's, after about a year or 2 i upgraded to a 400CMH in a proper air-cooled hood

004.jpg

DSCI1801.jpg

anyway, there is nothing wrong with SCRog growing really and once you flip i think you'll like what your plants give you, with the caveat that that will be more true the longer you veg and the fuller you get that screen before you flip.

...now, i spent last night in the hospital having an endoscopy so i didn't sleep well at all so i'm heading to my rack, when i get up i will track down some SCRog grows for you to check out and i'll track down a few SOG threads too so you can see how each is done and what the differences are.

...anyway, it's off to bed for this old man.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...so, here is a link to get you started, this link will lead you to a collection of threads by a guy named FreezerBoy who sadly has been inactive for maybe the last 3 or 4 years.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php?...15804458&pp=50

...anyway he was a gifted grower and a fairly prolific author of always entertaining and informative threads that should all be excellent, i haven't read them all but every one i've read has been well worth the read.

...anyway, i think the 4th link down is to one of his earlier threads, i think it says something like 'Destroyer on ice', and it would be a good place to start because i believe he breaks it down on exactly how he runs his SCRog.

...there is also an excellent thread reviewing different cloning techniques with links to the best threads with full tutorials on each style of cloning.

...anyway, this alone should give you at least a few hours of entertaining and enlightening reading.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @someoldguy be well soon and I'll keep good thoughts for you.
    Thanks for the link, I'll check it out today.
    Your clones are incredible! How long were the cuttings when you took them?
    Thanks again for the links. I hope others read this too.
    BratGirl

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast