Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 34
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sup Fellow Growers

0 Not allowed!
    Sup Fellow Growers

Just introducing my self. i am located in the west coast of scotland i have decided to grow my own Dank

local street weed is wet overpriced and under weight and has all sorts of shite put through it and hard to get

so i have decided to try and grow my own dank for pain as i have fibromyalgia

i have started some plants in coco coir but i am running into problems so i thought i would join a forum

i have jorges book so why not join the forum.i am looking forward to learn how to grow my plants properly

All the best the Gr33nMan...

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,237
    Given: 2,172
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @TheGr33nMan
    If you're in coco...have you checked your pH?
    How old are the plants?
    What kind of lighting?
    What kind of nutrients are you adding?
    Coco is pretty butt naked. It lacks the micronutrients as well as the macronutrients. Coco has a high ion exchange which means it will deliver the nutrients to the plant quicker than regular soil. Hydro nutes are common with coco.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Patient puffer i have started a thread

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 529
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Where’s the thread? In the indoor coco section?
    Nice to have you here, @TheGr33nMan Scotland eh?? Cool you have some some beautiful land down there!! What kind of coco are you using? Pre-hydrated coco, or are you buying it in brick form?
    Excuse me while I light my spliff. Good god, I gotta take a lift. -Marley

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    hey backlipslide i am using coco in 50lt bags its called Dna coco coir with added cork
    here is a pic...
    mills coco.jpg
    mill coco 2.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @TheGr33nMan
    Nice, I imagine that’s some good quality coco. I was limited to buying a brick of coco and then re hydrating it and adding my own perilite. Then again I went to the store for something completely unrelated and walked out with a brick of de hydrated coco, without even really knowing what the hell it was lol it’s panned out so far though.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,361
    Given: 7,598
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Backlipslide View Post
    @TheGr33nMan
    Nice, I imagine that’s some good quality coco. I was limited to buying a brick of coco and then re hydrating it and adding my own perilite. Then again I went to the store for something completely unrelated and walked out with a brick of de hydrated coco, without even really knowing what the hell it was lol it’s panned out so far though.
    ...yeah, i switched to coco bales almost 10 years ago and i've never regretted it.

...btw, i grow in straight coco, i grew in hempie buckets for years but about 2 years ago i switched to 2 gallon fabric pots with about 2 - 3 inchs of hydroton or grorocks or even 3/4 inch gravel on the bottoms and straight coco up top, to my mind coco already drains so well that there is no need for perlite.

...anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

peace, SOG

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @someoldguy
    Thanks for your advice, you call it .02 cents, but to me it’s still useful, so I’ll call it 2 bucks.

I knew coco drained better then soil, but everywhere I’ve read still suggested mixing Perlite into it. Some said 50/50 but most places I’ve read it saying 70/30 perlite mix. I don’t think there is a right or a wrong way of doing it, if both is working. I like that though I’ll have to try that with the gravel sometime, I knew gravel drained really well but never thought about using it in the pots. Plus if I don’t have to use perlite, that would save me money, not that it’s very expensive.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...yeah, i ditched the perlite after a few cycles and while i still use it in soil that i use for house plants and also to hydrate a mushroom grow, but the bud is grown in straight coco.

...i learned to put a layer of rocks at the bottoms back when i grew in my bloombox which stood with the floor pitched slightly backward so it would puddle at the back of the cab and at that time i was growing SOG stlye with 55 plants in 1liter pots inside and where i pulled 10 plants every 2 weeks, replacing them with 10 new plants, the new plants went in the center and were pushed to the side every 2 weeks until they reached the wall of the cab when they would be harvested and 10 more put in the center.

...this isn't me it's DoctorBudGreenGenes work but it was his work i followed back then so most of mine looked similar at harvest, i really need to move some of my old pics onto my phone so i can post them.

peace, SOG

3008882_Gram_bud_grown_in_a_16_oz_bottle.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...i meant to be clearer but the 2 to 3 inch layer of rocks at the bottoms of your pots protects your plants from soggy roots.

peace, SOG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast