Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 4
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tennessee's Sour Diesel Auto 2019

0 Not allowed!
    Planted these on December 29th. Both seeds popped to just regular tap water. Fed them a small amount of nutes on the 8th, and this picture was taken earlier tonight.IMG_1462.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 447
    Given: 162
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    And the journey begins.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about" credit Jimmy Buffett

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    IMG-1475.jpg

So this picture was taken last night. Plants are right at 3 weeks old now. Developed a little light burn so raised the lights some. Will add some more light soon to add a little more flowering power to my light spectrum. They've had one more light nute feeding so two altogether.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,539
    Given: 2,678
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Tennessee
    Looking good brother. I love those bags. They are great and cheap. I don't care for the possible lopsidedness that can happen. I think the frugalness of them out weighs a little lopsided plant.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks @Patient puffer
    I had to do a little more packing of the soil than I anticipated, but once I got that done, the lopsidedness became a non issue. I'd thought about using the air pots, but I went with these because they were cheaper, AND I'm an experimentation type of guy. I'm gonna grow an auto from one of the seeds I have outside this spring/summer and see how that works for them also. I'm going to add some more red spectrum light to the setup and a little white. Hopefully both of those will offset the amount of blue this light gives off.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Tennessee
    I ran an auto in a 7 gallon bag and it was more than enough.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm using 5 gallon ones, and they're plenty big enough also. @Patient puffer

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    IMG-1490.jpgIMG-1491.jpg

Ok..For starters, I have no idea why these pictures are so much different, but it's whatever

The plants aren't quite a month old at this point. Just watered/fed tonight. I wish I'd written down the date they actually pushed through the soil, but I guess at this point a roundabout idea will have to do. No real issues at this point, and even if they don't amount to a whole lot, I'm pretty stoked that they're turning out well. I'm about to start doing some lst, and I'm thinking about removing some of the larger, lower level fan leaves, but I've not quite decided that yet.

Any ideas, tips, etc, I'm all ears!

Going to make my own soil the next grow.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Tennessee
    Those large leaves are your plants "power houses". Dont take them away just yet. The leaves are how its making photosynthesis. It needs those right now. If you are wanting it to "bush out" you will want to TOP it. Thats where you chop off the very top growing shoot. Chopping that off will promote the nodes to "branch out". Once these branches start and produce new leaves (power houses) you can chop off the bigger leaves. I wouldn't chop any off until then. Your plants are looking great. Keeping a calender with notes on when you fed them and perhaps watered them. (I smoke weed and may forget when i did) It will help you eventually.
    Mixing your own soil is VERY rewarding. There is a bit of work and time. If you plan on having a "super soil" it will need to set up and break down for a month at least. I have a very complicated comprehensive soil recipe. ALL of it is NOT necessary. Just be sure to have a slow release nitrogen in there for flowering stretch and some kelp. Plus something for Cal/Mag. (Rock Phosphate & Langbeinite) OR...just mix up your soil base with either coco coir OR spagnum peat moss PLUS perlite (coco drains fine without perlite) then add a pH buffer such as "garden lime" or "oyster shell". Peat moss comes acidic. Coco coir will need to be rinsed well. Sometimes it shows up salty from the manufacturers rinse. With a bit of research you will understand how to build a solid soil. Feel free to ask any questions.

P.S. An all purpose fert is also great. Happy Frog makes a superb All Purpose. I use it myself. 5-5-5. That will be an all encompassing fert to solidify anyone's super soil. It has a slow release nitrogen (feather meal) It has Kelp meal in it. It also has Shrimp Meal to impart the "chitin" us organic growers covet so much. Some guanos as well. It is a great product. With that one fert you could do very well without complicating things too much. Then as you do a grow...you will learn what you need to bump up (top dress).

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    How in the fuck do I post pictures..... old and dumb here...lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast