Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,031
    Given: 1,758
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    IMAG0653.jpg
    these little CFLs can be inches away from the seedlings tops and they wont burn them. These are Sylvania 23w 5000k 1600 lumens. They produce a bit of heat as they are self ballasting. Yet heat is not on the tops

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patient puffer View Post
    @rezed
    What size bulb is in there. That cup is like a flame thrower too. Check these little doo dads i use. Let me grab a pic. I need to switch phones. LOL!
    Its this bulb https://www.arcadiareptile.com/light...-basking-lamp/
    due the country i am in i am playing it safe with just one plant

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @rezed
    Thats gonna heat your plant up. Its probably an incandescent light as well. The UV-A & UV-B is awesome. That is actually supposed to make plants trich up more. Your plant is stretching for the light. Its budding now (its anauto) so keep the lights on and close as possible without burning, like you are already doing. Autos flower best under 20 hrs of light. autos are not photosenstive.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patient puffer View Post
    @rezed
    Thats gonna heat your plant up. Its probably an incandescent light as well. The UV-A & UV-B is awesome. That is actually supposed to make plants trich up more. Your plant is stretching for the light. Its budding now (its anauto) so keep the lights on and close as possible without burning, like you are already doing. Autos flower best under 20 hrs of light. autos are not photosenstive.
    i have moved the round bulb further away but still giving it light, the strip ones are the closest now
    the lights been on 24/7 so you saying i should limit it now?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @rezed
    Incandescent bulbs use a filament excited by electricity to make light. It is a very inefficient way to do so and the spectrum is also usually on the red side due to red hot metal. Red spectrum is not the best for growing seedlings but perfect for flower. Yet youre still dealing with the filament not providing adequate lighting for it. Your plant WILL grow. It WILL flower. It just wont flower as well as it potentially could. The only way we get better, is by doing. Flourescent bulbs are best in my opinion. CFLs to be precise. Of course i am only mentioning these for a small grow. They do put out some heat though, so they are not as efficient as LEDs for that matter. When i first started i dismantled a floor lamp and used the fixture turned upside down. I didn't know a thing. I had to start somewhere. I still have no set way i suppose, as i am always ready to adopt an easier way of doing what we do. Another piece you should look in to is buying or making a grow box. This will also maximize your lighting as reflective white walls will keep it brighter. Then ventilation becomes a concern. These plants, as well as ALL other plants need fresh air (CO2) to do photosynthesis. As you continue in the hobby, there will be issues that arise and will need to be addressed. I think after this run you should perhaps reconsider your lighting arrangement to exploit what you already have and add to it. My little arrangement wasn't purchased that way nor did it start that way. I HAD to keep adding to it to keep it adequate for what i do. Which "adequate" is relative. Meaning "adequate" is different for everyone. You can customize things without spending a ton. I do all my stuff on a VERY fixed budget. Almost zero. LOLOLOLOL! It did take a little to get it started. Very minimal after that. Scrap wood and trips to Lowes.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @rezed
    I dont think 24 hours of light is screwing anything up. They are indigenous from the Northern latitudes where 24 hours of light is not unusual for them. RoyalQueenSeeds says they get their best results under a 20-4 schedule. Heres the link.

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog...g-cannabis-n83

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I have added another strip light and changed position of the round bulb so hopefully this helps a bit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @rezed
    Ahhh! I see you do have a psuedo-quasi kinda enclosure going on with your lights surrounding it. That is how it starts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12