Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Your opinion about a connected EC / pH / climate meter

0 Not allowed!
    Hello everybody,

I will run a kickstarter campaign soon to fund the production of a remote monitoring device that takes continuous measurements of the pH, the EC, the climate (temperature, humidity) and light intensity. It's equipped with WiFi so you can see the measurements on your smartphone. You can receive notification when a threshold is exceeded and display daily, weekly and monthly graphs.
    It will cost less than most of combo EC+pH meter you can find on the market.

I'm an electronic engineer and I grow hydro for almost 8 years now. So I had this idea and spent the last 18 month designing the device with the help of some friends.

I can't share the website here because of the forum's rules that I don't want to break, but I called it Egrowr so just type the name on Google or Facebook if you want more details.

I would like to have a feedback from the community about this idea. Do you think it would be useful to receive push notifications when it's time to correct the environment? What are the other features you would want to see in this kind of device?

Thanks !

FOR ADMIN : This is not an ad, I'm not representing a company and this is only a project for now, so please be understanding

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,531
    Given: 892
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Just for convenience of use, push notifications are annoying as all get out.

They pop pop up anytime, even when you’re sleeping...

It seems like everything has an easy user friendly app or a Bluetooth connectivity lately. ;-)

Personally, I like having separate meters. If one goes out on that triple system, they all are going to need replacement.

Dr.Chas-THC
    Advanced Nutrients, CLW SolarStorm 880,
    EZ Clone 16,
    Gorilla Grow Tent 5’ x 5’ x 6’11” ~ 7’11”,
    Gorilla Gear Board ~ Hurricane Super 8 Fan,
    HyperFan 8”~HyperFan Hyper Climate Control,
    Magical Butter II, 1000w MH, 400w MH,
    Method Seven Operator LED,
    MountainAir Big Air Volatile Organic
    Activated Carbon Filter 8”x40”!!

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Chas-THC View Post
    Just for convenience of use, push notifications are annoying as all get out.
    They pop pop up anytime, even when you’re sleeping...
    I totally understand the notifications concerns. For instance, I worry about the high humidity level I get during the last weeks of flowering, but I have no way to control it. So I turned off notifications for the humidity. But when the temperature of the water is rising too much, a notification is useful. I can fix the problem by pouring some ice before slime starts to form. The same for pH or EC. Actually, the usefulness of notifications depends on the environment and capability to modify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Chas-THC View Post
    It seems like everything has an easy user friendly app or a Bluetooth connectivity lately. ;-)
    Yes, I saw bathroom scales that have a Bluetooth connectivity. I agree that it's a useless features in this case. But look, the first thing I used to do when going back home after work was to check the nutritive solution of my plants with my pen meters. Now I check it quickly it 3 seconds. It's a comfort thing and it really helps in real life.