Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Hello from Oklahoma, USA

0 Not allowed!
    Hello to you all from "Old Grey Beard" here in Oklahoma.

I'm a 55 year old California native that moved to Oklahoma about four years ago to live closer to my three daughters.
    I had my medical marijuana card for about six years in California and I'm now happily waiting for my Oklahoma medical marijuana card to arrive in the mail.

It was tough when I first moved to Oklahoma and did not have access to legal cannabis. Thankfully, we voted on and passed SQ 788 which legalized medical marijuana in Oklahoma in 2018.
    So now I will be able to purchase legal cannabis products at local dispensaries and have a home grow to cultivate my own medicine.

I came to this forum as part of my desire to learn as much as I can about growing great cannabis at home.
    I have grown cannabis many years ago in the early 80's by converting my bedroom at the time into a grow room using soil and a metal halide lamp.
    This worked ok but not great. Technology and techniques have obviously changed a great deal since then and I'm looking forward to learning more from you all and to my first legal grow here in Oklahoma.

I will probably start with an indoor grow using soil in a grow tent. I am legally allowed to grow six mature plants and six seedlings at a time so I'm currently thinking I'd like to have two 4'x4' grow tents with one for vegetative growth and the other for flowering. I have a tight budget so I will probably have to start with one grow tent and then add another later on.

Anyways, I'm happy to be part of this community and look forward to meeting some of you and sharing information on growing and using cannabis.

Have a great day!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    A plan is always the first thing that is needed, and it sounds like you have just that. Hopefully it all goes how you want OGB.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks @Tennessee...I'm looking forward to getting started.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 17
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey there
    Welcome to the forum.
    I hope you fine many useful topics here.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Splatoid Thanks for the welcome and I am indeed finding many useful topics here. Great Place to learn from others.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    hey im from tulsa and also super new to growing, im excited to see more people from my state on here since we will share the same climate might be able to learn things from each other.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @inksplorer cool.....Tulsa seems pretty nice. I was there for a concert awhile back. Are you planning to grow indoors, outdoors, or both?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 417
    Given: 73
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome, OGB.
    I also grow my own meds for pain management. I also live in a red state so it's all under cover. Best advice I can give on growing would be to determine how much product you'll need per month and basethe grow off of that. I make CCO from my flower and trim as well as smoke flower. I go though a little over 2oz/month so the 5-6 months that's needed to run a crop amounts to 10-12oz/run. I also only grow during winter to hep with heat so I just plan on growing 24-32 oz for the run. Depending on the strain and how long you want to invest in vegging, 6-8 oz/plant is normal for me.