Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help identifying problem

0 Not allowed!
    I'm a first time grower and I recently popped some seeds that my friend gave me, about a week ago I was trying to get rid of some little bugs and was told to dry out to soil to stop the bugs from further infesting the plant, i didn't water the plants for 3 days because of my busy schedule and because what I was told to do. This resulted in the plants looming limp and almost dying, i immediately watered them and the next morning they looked almost perfect, fast foward a day or two some of the edges began creating off and some of the edges are looking yellow. My dad says that is happening because of the lack of water that had happened but some of my other buddies are saying not enough minerals.

what are some identifiable problems with my plants

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 897
    Given: 1,531
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @memerbeaner69er
    Listen to your father. Thats old school thinking and approach. Less is more with these plants. Too often a new grower will throw EVERYTHING at their plant trying to save it. That is almost never the correct approach. You said you sprouted these seeds a week ago?
    1.) How old are these plants?
    2.) What's your growing medium? (Soil-Coco-Soiless)
    3.) Are you dealing with "fungus gnats"?
    4.) Are you growing organically?

You did the right thing by allowing your soil to dry out. Soil dwelling plant predators prefer a moist environment. I did a spot check on fungus gnats and learned a ton. These nasty critters (if thats what you have) breed in the soil. The feed on fungus present when we don't properly allow our soil to go through "wet and dry" phases. Once established a colony will start to feast upon your plant's roots. This will start to display itself as a myriad of problems within the leaves. If the root system is conpromised it can not uptake the nutrients it needs. (Potential sign of deficiency)
    5.) Do you have a few bugs or an infestation?
    I ask about growing organically because as users of this herb, we intake all things we use on it. So i prefer to stay organic because i ingest my cannabis as well as smoke. So i steer clear of chemicals as much as i can. Though i have used Fox Farm's. A couple organic remedies are...
    A.) Neem oil - This is a good agent to rid the soil of the pesky buggers. When using it BE SURE to mix it properly as per the bottle's instructions AND use an EMULSIFING AGENT. This will consist of some drops of a "plant derived" liquid soap. Major stores carry a brand called Eco(s). This keeps the Neem Oil from coating your plants roots. Add enough so the oil isnt visibly floating on top AND suds are ALMOST forming around the outer edge.
    B.) Diatomaceous Earth is another organic option. Get food grade diatomaceous earth and sprinkle it on top. This stuff is fossilized shells (Diatoms) and creates an impenetrable barrier. The diatoms in the stuff act as jagged razors and slices the poor little guys to death. Effectively annihilating the colonies.

Just my $0.02.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I am pushing to grow it organically, at first I used normal tap water, then wanted to try plant food so I bought an inorganic all purpose plant food, which my friend quickly notified me about what you did. So he let me use some liquid organic bat guano. As for the age maybe 3 weeks pushing 4. And I've noticed these fungus gnats are laying eggs on the under side of leaves and sticking them tbere

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @memerbeaner69er
    Just saw the video. Some of those spots could be from the lack of water. Not ALL of it though. Your friends are also right. There appears to be a slight deficiency going on. There is also a concern of your plants being root bound as well. What size containers are those? If you are not going to transplant to a bigger pot you need to flower them soon. A good rule of thumb is 1 gal of soil / 1 month of growth. If you do have a deficiency, a liquid kelp meal or sprinkle Azomite on top. This depends on what your using for nutrients. What are you using? My suggestions could TOTALLY be wrong for you. Those are my organic choices. Which are not everone's favorite pick.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm going to transplant them.today to 5 gallon pots & I dont know what you mean by nutrients, on top of the guano I used normal potting mix that said "feeds up to 6months" my dad isn't much help since he said i should learn from trial and error as he did so sorry if I seem clueless

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @memerbeaner69er
    I prefer organics because it is HARD for me to over do it. It is very forgiving and has excellent results. Not like hydro, but the quality is there, just not the yield of chemicals. Building a soil to run a plant through from start to finish is great. It took me a few tries to get it right. I still am working on it. The soil needs time to break down as well. It needs to set for up to 1 month before use. Thats another topic though. There is a ton of research to be done on the topic. That's why bottles nutes are so attractive. Mix and serve. Organics has the excitement of watching paint dry, but that is my chosen style.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Is general organics bioveg stuff good

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @memerbeaner69er
    Your Dad's right. Too much to teach. Nowhere to start. I would do your transplant. Go from there. Read the back of your bag of soil and learn whats in there. Under ingredients it will list what it has that is feeding your plants. Learn about those. What they give your plant. Then check on "cannabis deficiency" and learn about the potential things that can be lacking and learn what organic ingredients provide those. I personally use "DownToEarth" products. They have a full line up of stuff that will have your plants rocking. Personal choice. As a new grower your firsr fault will be doing too much. Always has been. Always will be. Your 1st grow is going to be a learning experince. Aside from the minor deficiency you MAY have, your plants look great.
    1.) Address your pest problem.
    2.) Transplant
    3.) Plan on your plants doubling in height (at least) once flowered
    4.) Most any top dressed organic amendments need 1 month to fully leach in to soil and be available. Plan ahead. If needed top dress P & K (phosphorous & Potassium) 1 month before flowering.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yes. When i was deciding how i would grow, they were the bottles nutes i settled on. They have a thing called the "GOBox". ALL the nutes you could want. Plus they provide a feeding schedule.

Of course i waffled and went dried amendments.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast