Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from greenhouse to hoop house?

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone!

So I've been wanting to try growing in hoop houses.
    Currently grow in full auto dep greenhouse but i keep feeling its too much.

Any experiences or suggestions be appreciated =)

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 897
    Given: 1,531
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @phase2
    I havent personally used one. When reasoning the logistics of an outdoor grow, one stumbles upon the rain factor. This can restrict our grow window and can leave our strain choices predominantly indica. With LST and hoop houses any strain is runnable. And the potential of light dep. would allow an early harvest on some if desired. Or use the light dep. to trigger Sativas to flower earlier than normal. So they are 3 weeks+ when indicas start to flower so they finish same time. Hmmmm....

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,545
    Given: 594
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Don't worry #phase2
    You'll end up wanting to fancy up a hoop house just like a greenhouse

Considerations are options to go back to blackout. Opening up adds internals to insect and animal menu so you might need barriers like screening. Automation of a solid greenhouse to open up for cooling would seem easier than a hoop house so it figures constant hands on adjustments would be needed daily. Yah when warmer weather and even some sunny winter times are around managing hoop house cooling would be a daily chore.

You could have a hard frame automatic windows on a hoop house for sunny cold weather days. Not sure how manageable with automatics cooling would be during hot weather. But then the removing the hoop house for warm weather is if you don't plan to be trimming to manage heights.

Goo luck messing with things.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the tip!
    After some extensive research i've realized i need to keep it simple and focus on the basics such as soil and roots rather more on infrastructure. no point of having a roof if the plants are dead right? hahaha