Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 42
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first project

0 Not allowed!
    I’ve had a few trial an error tries growing outdoors, but have never tried indoor growing (to this extent) I built my own grow tent out of 3/4inch pvc pipe and furniture grade 3 way connections 2’x32”x4’ (width, length, height) with a cross brace at the top for the light to hang on. I wrapped the frame with space blankets from Walmart as I was in a pinch trying to get the tent finished. Down the road I would like to replace it with a sturdier more reliable product like panda film. I have a small clipfan clipped in the corner inside the tent for air flow. I have a HiGrow 1000w full spectrum double chips LED grow light being delivered for me right now. Once I receive the light I plan on germinating a feminized great white shark seed from crop master seeds I bought at a dispensary when the wife and I were visiting her family on BC island about a year ago. Came in a three pack, had two failed attempts previously, really did my homework and ready to try again with the third seed. I plan on trying it in coco coir. I also have holland secret micro, grow, and bloom formula. A friend also has a few clones for me from my other plant he was taking care of for me as I live in Alberta Canada and I had to find a warm location for the lady to finish growing in.

Living in Alberta it gets cold and I don’t have the room (as I live in a basement suite) or as accepting landlords as I would like. I’ve decided to try and do it in my fifth wheel that is parked behind the house in the back yard. I’ve got a small space heater somewhat dialed in to keep my tent around 70-90 degrees. My question is, Is this do-able? Am I crazy? Maybe. Is there any easier way without me having to contanstanly worry about if my trailer has caught fire and burned Down? Maybe I’m just over cautious and have nothing to worry about...I don’t know. I can probably turn my propane on and get the furnace running, but it doesn’t seem to hold the heat as I don’t have side skirtings on and would probably burn through too much propane constantly... any ideas/hints/tricks/opinions here would be awesome, thanks in advance. Will post more as the project progresses. -Backlipslide

If it works I should have pictures here:

47F78352-2496-47E9-8397-6529E0B84BC9.jpg

C10CAB73-4A8D-48B3-BBFB-76C6D7FE3359.jpg

1543A927-C4ED-40A0-87C3-93E9D3773CBC.jpg

B049C1D6-CA8A-4E96-A938-7EBDF4A6208C.jpg

Pictures reposted properly later in the thread, my apologies
    Last edited by Backlipslide; 11-03-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    This is the great white shark seed I have, has anybody grown these seeds before?

5C632142-48DD-45BF-B701-A16A33BA7ACD.jpg

572FD724-3EC6-468C-B4F7-5872084F44CB.jpg

-backlipslide
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Backlipslide; 11-03-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 113
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think you want the heater in the tent but there are guys that grow in tents and cabinets here that can confirm or deny this, In my experience 90 F is to warm without CO2.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the heads up, @tvbfe

My light just showed up today, so before I set the light up in the tent I’ll try and figure out how to heat the trailer/ and or try and find a spot for the tent inside the house somewhere. The biggest reason I wanted to grow it in my trailer is for the smell. I’ve got a while to figure out that problem if I do find a spot for it inside. It will make it a lot easier not having to try and regulate the heat in a colder environment I understand that, was just feeling it out and seeing if it was feasible. Thanks again.

-Backlipslide

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    No prob @Backlipslide Im sure you know this but, set up, dry run, dial it in, then plant. Carbon filter exhaust for smell, or carbon filter air scubber for the room your tent is in,many options to reduce smell, I like a good quality Carbon filter personally. But you will know best what works for you.
    Last edited by tvbfe; 10-29-2018 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again @tvbfe I was cheaping out and trying To avoid investing a bunch of money into a scrubber or carbon filter At this time as I just invested a bunch of money into getting set up to where I am today with the supplies. I also got laid off from my job a couple weeks ago so I didn’t want to invest anymore on those things until I get some money coming in. What would you recommend on a good carbon Filter series?
    What would you recommend for a scrubber if I went in that direction?

Thanks again.
    -backlipslide

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I like Phresh https://www.phreshfilter.com/ @Backlipslide Air scrub just means you take a carbon filter and put a fan on it, it just recircs the air in the room through the carbon filter, I run mine 24/7 in my grow room. I understand, it adds up quick.....we can only do what we can do but it is an adventure either way. lol
    Looking forward to seeing the Great White Shark in action.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I ended up moving the tent inside, put it underneath the stairs , in a storage room. Deal with the landlord finding about it when the time is right. Who’s going to say no to two adorable living plants like this, I’ll be batting my eyes saying, “but, can we please keep it?” As if it’s for a puppy haha all jokes aside!
    I started the germination process on the great white shark tonight. Chose the method that has been working for me so far. Paper towel method.

8814174F-EF88-444D-AE5F-F1F4EBD059C2.jpg

Check back on that tomorrow morning.

5F0EB19A-7A59-43CB-9E6E-4BBD826B42EE.jpg

Hung the light up off the rafters so it’s higher in the tent so I don’t have to worry about when I need it a bit higher for flowering stage. With the light hanging off the brace at the top it still hang pretty low, I should have made it a 6’ high tent rather then 4’ oh well come time maybe I will adjust the tent. I didn’t glue them for a reason lol.

Friend of mine gave me a couple plants out of his stock, so I’ve got two plants in the tent right now.
    First picture is what he called: Green Crack he said a hybrid about 60%sativa and 40%indica
    C3D05F3D-5DB2-4DE4-BAF6-E340B98C715D.jpg

Second picture is: Black Diamond Kush all Indica
    B1C72861-1171-4FE8-B925-8FD099F8CB0A.jpg

Plant on the left is the green crack, and the other is the BD
    6B828A4A-CB15-4AF5-8540-DDE287120C9C.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    While I’m uploading pictures and what not, i started this plant in the spring from a seed I found in my bag, germinated it and took care of it all summer, bringing her into the garage not really monitoring temperature blah blah blah (off topic) ended up giving it to my friend to take care of when it got too cold to keep her outside. I’ll post a picture of what she looks like now, but I think she has aphids now, I’ll also post a picture of that. Any help on what to do for that plant? Is it a lost cause?

D82D88FE-8C7A-4A86-9D56-9E07FAF59CAD.jpg

25505440-73C8-4CAD-B182-6A274CA8FC80.jpg

D5A7F4CD-5657-4481-8C4B-B15CBFE0A144.jpg

He romeved her from the stock he has. He also cloned a plant off of her a while ago before she got sick. I’ll also post a picture of the clone. Could the clone be affected as well even though he cloned it a while before he noticed her getting sick?

39CBD1F8-07BC-492F-9FE2-0EC55C049365.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The ladies seem to be doing alright, was battling my inner self with what height I should have it, had it at roughly 2’ from the tops of the plants. Looked like they were wilting a bit as if they were pointing down and away from the light, so I lowered it to about 18” then to about 16” then I lowering it down to about 12” briefly. Then it dawned on me that maybe They’re just too wet. Last time I watered was yesterday in the morning, will keep an eye on the soil and let them speak to me. So i raised the light back up to about 2’ from the tops yesterday evening, leave it there for a couple days and watch.

F3EC9487-4DB4-4B5F-A150-155FC062ED46.jpg

My tent was running to hot when I had my door closed so I have been keeping it slightly opened to try and lower the running temperature. Yesterday evening I had a bright idea to take the fan out from inside the tent, cut a 4” square on the top of the tent and placed the fan in the hole to have a constant outtake of air (shuts off with light) and it seems to have paid off because it holds a better running temperature inside the tent. Also sucks my door shut almost like a vacuum seal. Time will tell to how things go.

AA813CC9-030D-48D5-A4C4-E353B800084D.jpg

Been keeping a close eye on my great white shark seed. It seems like it wants to crack and start her life. But just won’t sprout. I’ll check on it tonight or tomorrow morning again.

28FECBEF-E111-4301-B389-7E41181576DE.jpg

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast