Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaves sprinkled with kind of freckly spots

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Community,

beeing very interested in plant biology i wonder if anyone here would know what is going on with plant nutrient supply if the leaves look like this:

_1400.jpg

There are very different strains at this spot all of which are showing this very same pattern of what i assume might be a (combined?) nutrient deficiency or blocked intake by abundance of another nutrient?

The owner had applied organic longtime-fertilzer about three months ago the package of which reads "up to 100 days of complete nutrient supply".
    He sais the plants were perfectly healthy until about 8 days ago, when he thought he could boost them a little with a complete flowering phase fertilizer - but his local gardening shop guy thought it would be a good idea to apply a doseage of only mineral PK in about mid flowering stage.

Of the PK, only two thirds of the amount suggested in the manufacturer's instruction were used and applied only once. Now 8 days later most if not all leaves are sprinkled with these freckly spots. As in the picture, the spots concentrate towards the edge but spare the very edge. Could it be that the PK thus beeing carefully applied either blocks or would require another Nutrient to go alongside?

Thank you very much and kind regards, the Kaninchen.
    Last edited by Kaninchen; 10-04-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,383
    Given: 877
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Spider mites also leave those spotted marks.

LETS SEE A CLOSE UP OF UNDERNEATH A BROAD LEAF??

Dr.Chas-THC
    Advanced Nutrients, CLW SolarStorm 880,
    Method Seven Operator LED,
    Magical Butter II, 1000w MH, 400w MH,
    EZ Clone 16,
    Gorilla Grow Tent 5’ x 5’ x 6’11” ~ 7’11”,
    HyperFan 8” HyperFan Hyper Climate Control
    Hurricane Super 8 Fan

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you Dr.Chas-THC, but it's not a pest.
    All the leaves of about 10 plants look almost exactly like this.
    Try to get more pictures today.
    Here's a zoom-in of the one i got until then:
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-04 um 10.40.04.JPG
    Last edited by Kaninchen; 10-04-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    So here some more pictures. Unfortunately the reasonable order has been mixed up. The one Lady in full autumn mode (pic. 1, 3 and 4 in this post). went home today and was meant just for eye pleasure as she steps out of the line with the other ones showing those sprinkles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kaninchen; 10-04-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    From some distance they all look pretty healthy:

DSC08980_1650.jpg
    DSC08982_1650.jpg

As the season puts some pressure to the issue, today there has been applied a combination of GHE FloraMicro (micro nutrients/mineral - 1/2 of recmd.) and GHE Thrive Bloom (organic full supply flowering stage - 1/2 of recmd).

Generally it might be considered that the Thrive Bloom could have been fully loaded while beeing complement with a twist of the Mico but as there's a variety of strains and some will be cut sooner, for now this concentration was chosen to hopefully help. Another idea is that the harsh weather of last two weeks lead to the current picture and that nutrient intake just has been blocked - two autumn stormwinds and temperatures declining to shortly even below 5°C might play a role in this and maybe wait for the sun and only pure tap water might have been the better solution but for now it is like that. Kindly taking your comments into consideration though.
    Last edited by Kaninchen; 10-04-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 814
    Given: 1,354
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Kaninchen
    It is oddly all located on the outer perimeter of the leaves. I thought thrips but they attack the whole leaf while your speckles are only on the outer edge. As you stated perhaps the extreme cold they have just experienced. If you have only seen this manifested AFTER the cold temps, i am inclined to agree with you. Yet i have never seen that before, but i hav not seen nor know everything. It does not look like a pest given the placement of them all. So if it is not the temps i would then start checking for pests under leaves. You seem to have already been doing that. So back to the temps.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Patient puffer,
    i'll try to get some DSLR macros maybe saturday or sunday.
    From the pictures provided i understand how one can assume insects but once in your hands it sure isn't. The speckles look like little burned / dried areas and are thinner than the living tissue.
    And yes i only saw this lately, after the harsh conditions, but if so it must be a weather/nutrient intake relationship. Here's a weather review, you can cleary see the storm front coming in starting september 20th
    (orange line is max. day temp, blue line is min. day temp, grey is windspeed):

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-05 um 03.11.15.JPG

Personally i don't see anything else than a nutrient issue and try to figure out which one exactly. They are all somewhere in blooming stage and the "up to 100 days" of the organic fertilizer must be counted by now. So the intuition was to supplement a full bloom fertilizer but have let the shop guy talk me into only PK ... thus my guess is something in the direction of "too much K in relation to the available ....x and/or y - and/or a temperature/nutrient-intake issue". It deems to me that calcium might be the major lacking component, thus the GHE FloraMicro SW (for soft tap water) was chosen to be added with the Thrive Bloom.

Only today did i notice that the exact pattern varies from strain to strain with the strength of the tendency for the sprinkles towards the edge being the most obvious variable.
    Last edited by Kaninchen; 10-05-2018 at 02:11 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,383
    Given: 877
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Definately weird, for sure.

Dr.Chas-THC

Quote Originally Posted by Kaninchen View Post
    Thank you Dr.Chas-THC, but it's not a pest.
    All the leaves of about 10 plants look almost exactly like this.
    Try to get more pictures today.
    Here's a zoom-in of the one i got until then:
    Advanced Nutrients, CLW SolarStorm 880,
    Method Seven Operator LED,
    Magical Butter II, 1000w MH, 400w MH,
    EZ Clone 16,
    Gorilla Grow Tent 5’ x 5’ x 6’11” ~ 7’11”,
    HyperFan 8” HyperFan Hyper Climate Control
    Hurricane Super 8 Fan

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Here's an article with the by now best matching description/pictures from what i've found in the webs:
    https://www.growweedeasy.com/calcium...iency-cannabis

So far calcium deficiency seems to be the most appropriate proposal:
    - optically
    - only PK was fed at a time the previous organic longterm-fertilizer is said to peter out ... and potassium abundance blocks ca intake
    - it was a very dry summer and the major part of water they received came from a nearby walled mountain spring. But then the heavy rain that came with the storm front most likely has been softer and more acidic.
    - cold temperature sure blocks nutrient intake

Maybe one could have been more bounteously with both the Thrive Bloom (as it is organic) and the FloraMicro (as it's "only" micronutrients) (?). But since some strains are pretty much done it's maybe better to not overdo it. The later ones might reveive another meal when the early birds have left though.

What's to be learned from this is: If there are considerably different strains in a single spot - if anyhow possible put even more compost, one cannot overdo the latter. With nutrients as an irrigational compound, different strains at one point will come into an intrest conflict, when some could be flushed but others only started out thriving.

Either way, let's look forward to some DSLR macros - if an apprehensive plant physiologist stumbles across this one - your input is highly esteemed.
    Last edited by Kaninchen; 10-06-2018 at 03:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast