Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pale plant

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pale plant

0 Not allowed!
    Hello, first grow, outdoors and organic. About 5 ft tall from ground, 4 feet wide. Been in flower about a month. Noticing the plant all over going pale. Not quite yellow but very pale green. Assuming some energy being diverted from leaves to bud but is there anything I should be doing / adding to help this? It's been cloudy for a few days straight. Not looking to spend big money on it.

Thanks.

@Patient puffer
    @someoldguy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 813
    Given: 1,335
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Shastras
    Hey there. Been a spell since ya posted. Yeah it does look pale. The 1st photo looks normal. Your grow tips are paler as they are using more nitrogen. The 2nd pic seems way more pale. Not sure which is accurate. If the 1st pic is your okay. Paleness i believe is a lack of nitrogen. And after feeding MiracleGro this is a welcome sign. If it is N (nitrogen) deficient then some simple Fish Emulsion ia enough to add it back in and can be bought at your local hardware store. I use Alaska Fish Emulsion. (Lowe's or Home Depot) not sure what you got up there in Canada. But allow some other members to give their $0.02 as well. I am not always correct. nice to see your plant still going.

The seeds i sent you did well in my yard this year. Both of my 4.5 foot Skunk×Mystery yielded about 2 lbs each. The other strain (Mango) is always a big producer.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Patient puffer

Thanks! Yes has been a while. Plant was going well until she went pale over the past two weeks. Noticeably more since its been cloudy for over a week. I'll look into some fish emulsion thank you. It's an all over pale, not just a part of the leaves or part of the plant. Some leaves are straight yellow which is to be expected but I'm looking st all over pale here. The top pic was taken days ago, the top down pic from today. Again, cloudy. These additional photos taken closer up about 3 days ago.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 59
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking plant though with some good size to it. A ways to go though till harvest?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure, maybe 3 weeks or so? Just waiting until I see the hairs turning brown to guage

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 813
    Given: 1,335
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Shastras
    Dont over do it on the fish emulsion if you do it. If all you have left is 3 weeks, your plant should start dropping some leaves as it burns up what's left in the soil. Your plant looks like it grew great. Nice tips and great overall leaf health. I have a strain i made who's leaves turn yellow no matter the ferts in the soil. And it drops almost all of its leaves by harvest. Fish Hydrosylate is a better fert. Its more balanced at about 3-2-2. Like from AgeOldOrganics. Probably $12 US dollars. But with harvest 3 weeks out you are closing in on your "flush" period. If anything is added you can only feed for about 1 more week.
    Or have you only been giving it water alone? If so that is what the paleness is due to. It could use a shot of Alaskan Liquid Kelp Meal (Lowe's or Home Depot) which will replace the micronutrients thats been used from the soil. Just some cheap options to use. I used the Alaskan line up for my 1st grow. And the results are in my 2015 Album in my profile. The stuff works and is cheap. But remember the flush time if you add anything.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 306
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    if you give it fish emulsion, which i agree with, give it a little pk boost too perhaps a guano feed or? it will help them bulk up and give a good scent and flavor mixed ith the emulsion but wait at least 3 weeks to harvest after just because.
    also:
    is that your neighbors grow poping over the fence? i cant see very well but it kinda looks like buds

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Patient puffer

These pics are from today. I'm not really sure when I'm supposed to harvest but I'm guessing it's not more than 3 weeks. Gets cold here in October. Maybe these pics will help?

I will pick up some of what you suggested today and give it a dose or so.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhornet View Post
    if you give it fish emulsion, which i agree with, give it a little pk boost too perhaps a guano feed or? it will help them bulk up and give a good scent and flavor mixed ith the emulsion but wait at least 3 weeks to harvest after just because.
    also:
    is that your neighbors grow poping over the fence? i cant see very well but it kinda looks like buds
    No that's a tree top. I'm the only grower around my house that I know of.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 59
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Nice. You are getting the amber tips now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast