Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Thread: Newbie from LA

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie from LA

0 Not allowed!
    Hello everyone, I new here and want start taking CBD oil but as I have seen people get high due to CBD oil so I am a bit nervous about the same. So anyone suggests me should I start with CBD or not.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 143
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah go for it lol. See if it suits you. I don't think anything bad can happen, as long as you don't drive while high. I think you'll be able to find some CBD isolate that is nearly 100% pure if you find the whole plant extracts contain too much of the other cannabinoids for you. Obviously that means you can also use a bit of both, or whatever suits you.
    Mind if I ask what you are hoping the CBD will do for you?

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Echium Pininana View Post
    Yeah go for it lol. See if it suits you. I don't think anything bad can happen, as long as you don't drive while high. I think you'll be able to find some CBD isolate that is nearly 100% pure if you find the whole plant extracts contain too much of the other cannabinoids for you. Obviously that means you can also use a bit of both, or whatever suits you.
    Mind if I ask what you are hoping the CBD will do for you?
    Hi @Echium Pininana, I want to start CBD for anxiety. As I suffering from anxiety for a long time and someone suggest me for the same but I am here to get advice from all.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 143
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    It could be that the people you've seen getting high from CBD oil were (knowingly or not) using oil with more THC in it than you would expect. Who knows?
    I know CBD definitely isn't psychoactive on its own, but it is good for improving mood and also making the high from THC much calmer and happier than it might otherwise be. The best thing about CBD for me is it allows use of THC without it causing any more anxiety, but actually CBD as a mood elevator seems to work better in combination with a little bit of THC and the aromatic compounds of the fresh/dried whole flowers.
    I think I would always prefer whole flowers over extracts because of the synergistic effects of the aromatics like linalool, limonene and myrcene, etc, etc and flavonoids like apeginin.

There are some varieties of cannabis with very high CBD content and virtually no THC at all, but still a good amount of all the other substances that the whole flower makes for us.
    Many of the aromatics and flavours are common compounds found in other herbs and plants. This is why hops and lavender are used in scented pillows, for example.
    The variety named Dinamed CBD Plus by Dinafem seeds is one variety which may be up to 20% CBD and less than 1% THC. Although that still makes it illegal to possess/buy/sell/grow in many places (which is dumb). Dinamed CBD Plus may be a good variety to try though, if you have access to whole flower cannabis where you are.

Of course cannabis is only one of many helpful herbs. In addition to cannabis or as an alternative for helping you with your anxiety you might want to try other relaxing and uplifting herbs or plant extracts which contain some of the same compounds. Lemon balm tea, hops pillows, hops in a dry herb vaporizer, essential oil diffusers etc., despite being (individually) very mild, should be taken just as seriously as cannabis when combined, and/or combined with a suitable cannabis variety.

Anxiety has many possible causes and therefore the best herbal remedy might work by an entirely different chemical process, perhaps not intentionally altering the endocannabinoid system at all but some other systems...

I can't give you medical advice obviously, but I have been getting interested in the brain chemistry.
    Your brain makes all the serotonin and dimethyltryptamine it needs from 5-HTP (and its easy) and it makes the 5-HTP from tryptophan in your diet, but if you can't make enough 5-HTP from the tryptophan (because it's difficult to and many can't) in your diet it means your brain can't make the serotonin a dimethyltryptamine in the proper quantities it needs, which is one of the causes of some people's anxiety and disturbed sleep schedule.

Personally I like to take 1ml of Hemani brand harmal oil (reversible MAOI) once or twice a day in a gelatin capsule and I take 50-100mg of 5-HTP if I feel like it, up to three times a day but usually just once. You don't want to mix the two things just in case and obviously don't take a large dose of any medicinal herb or extract without trying a little bit first. Harmal oil comes from seeds of Peganum harmala (Syrian rue), and 5-HTP from seeds of Griffonia simplicifolia. I can use cannabis and aromatherapy without any serious interaction with these, it seems as the systems are not apparently closely related or tied.
    I do still see cannabis as a miracle herb but it just makes sense to use these other ones, for me personally, after lots of reading on Wikipedia. The results have been positive so far. I think I can handle my social anxiety better with harmal oil than I used to without. And uplifting anime is amazingly euphoric on 5-HTP + cannabis haha.
    Last edited by Echium Pininana; 09-20-2018 at 05:16 PM.

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hello !
    I'm looking for producers with enough experience to create interesting articles.
    If you want to try your writing skills, we offer from 2 to 5 $ for 1000 characters and many interesting topics for articles.
    If you are interested in our offer, please write to this e-mail <content@semyanich.shop>

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Echium Pininana View Post
    It could be that the people you've seen getting high from CBD oil were (knowingly or not) using oil with more THC in it than you would expect. Who knows?
    I know CBD definitely isn't psychoactive on its own, but it is good for improving mood and also making the high from THC much calmer and happier than it might otherwise be. The best thing about CBD for me is it allows use of THC without it causing any more anxiety, but actually CBD as a mood elevator seems to work better in combination with a little bit of THC and the aromatic compounds of the fresh/dried whole flowers.
    I think I would always prefer whole flowers over extracts because of the synergistic effects of the aromatics like linalool, limonene and myrcene, etc, etc and flavonoids like apeginin.

There are some varieties of cannabis with very high CBD content and virtually no THC at all, but still a good amount of all the other substances that the whole flower makes for us.
    Many of the aromatics and flavours are common compounds found in other herbs and plants. This is why hops and lavender are used in scented pillows, for example.
    The variety named Dinamed CBD Plus by Dinafem seeds is one variety which may be up to 20% CBD and less than 1% THC. Although that still makes it illegal to possess/buy/sell/grow in many places (which is dumb). Dinamed CBD Plus may be a good variety to try though, if you have access to whole flower cannabis where you are.

Of course cannabis is only one of many helpful herbs. In addition to cannabis or as an alternative for helping you with your anxiety you might want to try other relaxing and uplifting herbs or plant extracts which contain some of the same compounds. Lemon balm tea, hops pillows, hops in a dry herb vaporizer, essential oil diffusers etc., despite being (individually) very mild, should be taken just as seriously as cannabis when combined, and/or combined with a suitable cannabis variety.

Anxiety has many possible causes and therefore the best herbal remedy might work by an entirely different chemical process, perhaps not intentionally altering the endocannabinoid system at all but some other systems...

I can't give you medical advice obviously, but I have been getting interested in the brain chemistry.
    Your brain makes all the serotonin and dimethyltryptamine it needs from 5-HTP (and its easy) and it makes the 5-HTP from tryptophan in your diet, but if you can't make enough 5-HTP from the tryptophan (because it's difficult to and many can't) in your diet it means your brain can't make the serotonin a dimethyltryptamine in the proper quantities it needs, which is one of the causes of some people's anxiety and disturbed sleep schedule.

Personally I like to take 1ml of Hemani brand harmal oil (reversible MAOI) once or twice a day in a gelatin capsule and I take 50-100mg of 5-HTP if I feel like it, up to three times a day but usually just once. You don't want to mix the two things just in case and obviously don't take a large dose of any medicinal herb or extract without trying a little bit first. Harmal oil comes from seeds of Peganum harmala (Syrian rue), and 5-HTP from seeds of Griffonia simplicifolia. I can use cannabis and aromatherapy without any serious interaction with these, it seems as the systems are not apparently closely related or tied.
    I do still see cannabis as a miracle herb but it just makes sense to use these other ones, for me personally, after lots of reading on Wikipedia. The results have been positive so far. I think I can handle my social anxiety better with harmal oil than I used to without. And uplifting anime is amazingly euphoric on 5-HTP + cannabis haha.
    Thanks @EchiumPininana, for the information you have shared with me.