Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Thread: Sick plants

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sick plants

0 Not allowed!
    Hey there guy's, StuartC here from South Africa,, desperate to solve a problem on my last two crops that failed and are failing, previous crop was a scrog set up and currently running a hydro NFT set up with 400w HPS lighting, my leaves are getting funny yellow spots/patterns and I can't for the hell of me figure out what the problem is 41500310_1996082667109067_7773878242980659200_n.jpg does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 719
    Given: 1,217
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @StuartC
    I have made my plants look like that by topping and defoliating with dirty blades. Not saying you have but that's what i did. They got weird looking.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey PP thanks for the reply, these are not topped as they go from clone to aeroponics for a week then into flowering in the NFT bed, no topping or trimming unless if it's from when I ct the clones.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 141
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I haven't seen that before but I'm inclined to think of virus infection too. I have seen some viral problems on other types of plants causing odd variegated foliage.
    (If you don't have ozone in your air or chlorine in your water, that is.)

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The main question is what the hell do I do about it?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,526
    Given: 583
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartC View Post
    The main question is what the hell do I do about it?
    Clean everything between grows. The net and other things might have the disease on it. If indoors you have to clean even the walls. One of those ozone generators works too but beware ozone degrades rubber and isn't the thing to breath since it dissolves lung tissue meaning the room has to be aired out before entering. In short looks viral. Cut effected leaves off and clean everything including soak the net in a chlorine mix should help. Something like that

https://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/signs_a...l_or_bacterial

https://www.growweedeasy.com/yellow-...-leaf-septoria
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks fellow growers those fungus spots look pretty close, will try and get a copper based fungiside in the morning

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,526
    Given: 583
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks fellow growers those fungus spots look pretty close, will try and get a copper based fungiside in the morning
    The cleaning of everything is also needed to prevent the disease from coming back. I'm not sure how plants would react to Lysol but it might help treating parts of the room wiping things down with it on a rag.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    You guy's are freaking champions, used a copper based fungicide and it seems to be going better,,, champions I tell you!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 141
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    You guy's are freaking champions, used a copper based fungicide and it seems to be going better,,, champions I tell you!
    Wow and we were saying it looked viral lol.
    Thanks for coming back and letting us know what fixed it. I will certainly remember this if I encounter any similar looking thing in the future.

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.