Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I harvest or is it a loss with PM?

0 Not allowed!
    I am about 2 weeks from harvest of Trainwreck strain. Most triches are cloudy (use a Carson egg scope and laptop to view) Indoor grow, OF soil, used same nutes, 600 HPS, Large carbon filter, with 6" exhaust. Have 8 inch fan blowing, temps average 75, Rh is around 55-70% depening on weather outside. 4X4X7 grow tent, 2 plants. I have noticed PM on the leaves as well as some burn (am just giving it pH'd water now, no nutes) and confirmed with the scope. PM is also on sugar leaves, have not noticed it in the buds but have not cut any open to view. Pics are below taken 8/1/2018. I have treated last week with neem oil and have done sprayings with H202 (hydrogen peroxide 3%). I understand it is a systemic which means it is probably in the roots. I am wondering should I harvest now? Should I just clean the whole tent Filter, fan etc with H2O2 and bleach and continue on, Then do the bath that Jorge shows on You Tube? I just don't want anyone to get sick. Also I have a beautiful Blue Dream which is being grown in a pot outside, it has not been inside at all. Living in the Pacific Northwest, wondering if I should just let this baby finish itself outside rather than chancing ruining it. Thanks for any advice or help in advance!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    No advice or help???

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 413
    Given: 69
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Personally, I'd do the wash and dry. If I was even remotely immuno-compromised, it would go into the compost heap-I don't even think I'd tr to make concentrates from it .

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 719
    Given: 1,218
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @fcchief
    I personally have zero experience with powdery mildew. I do know that a baking soda mixture used as a foliar application is useful to combat it, but during the flowering phase it may be sketchy at best to start spraying your buds with water. While being on this site i have also learned of a method of washing the infected bud in a hydrogen peroxide bath. Not quite sure how that works but i have seen it mentioned here a few times. Thats all the help i can offer you at this point.
    Its still bud and i would grow it out and see. If i choked up a lung in the 1st hit i may try coco oil (personal preference) It may be toxic i DONT KNOW. I would need durther research on the matter.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Well I decided to harvest them. Trich's were mostly cloudy, some clear. I washed them as per Jorge's video, hung to dry with a fan on them outside for about 2 1/2 hrs. When I got all the buds inside, I started wet trimming them. Did notice that there were several buds with seeds in them. Now these showed no sign of being males so I can only conclude they got stressed or some light got to them or combination of both. Right now they are in the tent drying with my ventilation going and a fan on (not directly on the buds) to circulate the air, on vent open on the tent as the humidity right now is hovering around 60-70% which is unusual for the Northwest, but then again you can never tell. Will post once they get dried, and will test a small sample before putting in jars for curing.
    Thanks for all the comments and advice, it is appreciated. Now on to my Blue Dream!!