Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 143
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synergistic herb blends

0 Not allowed!
    Well I'm not smoking I'm vaping and drinking tea so idk if this is a smoke report but idk if it can be limited to the topic of medical cannabis so yeah anyway..

I was reading a bunch about the terpenes/terpenoids and flavonoids in cannabis varieties and how these can alter or modify the effects of the cannabis.
    Many of the terp's are common to several or many different herbs. a-Pinene, b-Pinene is an example, obviously found in anything piney smelling. If you vape other herbs with the cannabis, I thought, this could have interesting effects on the profile and ratio of the terp's you are inhaling.
    So I have been buying a few, trying a few from my garden, experimenting and finding out what's tasty and what makes a difference to the effects of the cannabis.

I tried some lemongrass first and the effect seemed altered, but I wasn't sure if it was psychosomatic or real. I felt a little bit excited and that doesn't seem to be the predicted effect. Lemongrass contains myrcene but also caryophyllene and a bunch of other terp's too.
    I tried some cilantro (coriander leaf, not seed) and although it is said to be high in linalool I couldn't harvest enough that day to make a noticeable difference to my mood or how my body felt or to the high from the cannabis.
    I tried dried hops that I bought online. The a-acid makes it a slightly scratchy on the throat vape, but the taste is tolerable. The effects of the THC in a couple of bowls of leaf seem slightly stronger after vaping a bowl of hops.
    Next I tried hops with chamomile and it seemed to smooth things out a bit.
    Then I tried a drop of peppermint oil added to a large amount of the hops and chamomile (too much oil makes the taste too intense) and vaped a few bowls of that before a couple of bowls of cannabis. The peppermint seemed to add to the uplifted mood. Calm, happy, energetic.

Recently I started drinking chamomile and lemon tea, vaping the mixture of chamomile, hops, and peppermint, in a room full of the scents of essential oils like tea tree oil, lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, mandarin, rosemary, all just in open bottles with bamboo wicks to diffuse the terp's into the air. A real terpenes soup lol.
    Well, well well well boys and girls, the effect of all those together may be random and impossible to get useful information from about what works and what the difference is but.. Wow.
    I am picking a few leaves from the bottom of the 1:1 MILD plants in mid bloom and I am getting high as a kite from a couple of bowls. And I mean happy high, giggly, smiley, relaxed, not stupified! I think the chamomile adds a smoothness to the buzz, or maybe I just taste that and the thought sticks with me? I'm not sure but I have certainly had fun so far and I think this is a good idea to explore. I only have enough room to grow one or two varieties of cannabis so if the effects can be made more varied and more effective for my personal requirements and preferences this could be a real benefit.
    I am waiting for some lemon oil and rose scent oil (note it isn't pure rose oil, it has a carrier oil) tomorrow and I will see what a huge amount of limonene and or geraniol does for me.

I tend to just use everything at once because I have the idea that the modern western diet is severely lacking in aromatic herbs and they're all good in some way. I know that makes it harder to discern what does what, but I encourage you to try some herbs in your vape, before or with your cannabis. If nothing else it'll make it an interestingly different taste.

I repeat: high as a kite, off a couple of bowls of a mild variety's lower fan leaves! Lol

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 814
    Given: 1,354
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Echium Pininana
    I believe that essential oils and other aromatic herbs can have an effect on us. I can't say that i have gone in to full blown experimentation with the materials. I have some oils that i will be using with my future topicals. I never thought of smoking them. You possibly need to start peeling back a diffuser at a time until you can isolate which oil or combo of them is giving you the giggles. Then i would drench a wash cloth in it and wrap it around my face and laugh my ass off. Serious.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 143
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patient puffer View Post
    @Echium Pininana
    I believe that essential oils and other aromatic herbs can have an effect on us. I can't say that i have gone in to full blown experimentation with the materials. I have some oils that i will be using with my future topicals. I never thought of smoking them. You possibly need to start peeling back a diffuser at a time until you can isolate which oil or combo of them is giving you the giggles. Then i would drench a wash cloth in it and wrap it around my face and laugh my ass off. Serious.
    O.M.G. AMEN TO THAT!

Yeah, I am like a kid at Christmas, but I will try to figure out what combos work and how the combos differ, vaped and diffused, and inhaled from the nasal menthol thingywhatsit. Hahaha I just read my post again and can tell it was written before I had the THC and CBD part of tonight's herbal products hahaha now I'm listening to the Bogtrotter Catwomp EP with a great big grin on my face. Can't wait for lemon oil tomorrow, limonene and pinine, pinine? I forgot how to spell do I'll shut up.

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.