Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much CBD for osteoarthritis

0 Not allowed!
    I have moderate and worsening arthritis in my knees and want to try CBD. It's expensive! So trying to guage a realistic minimum dose to try, then perhaps increase if necessary. Anyone have experience with this, and also whether tincture or capsules are better? Tincture is more efficient if taken sublingually, yes?

Also, seems to me it may be worth trying regular cannabis, THC dominated, at the same time. That doesn't agree with me much of the time, can make things in the head seem dark, so I'm thinking maybe micro-dosing and if consistently the benefits will still accumulate over time. Any thoughts?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 719
    Given: 1,218
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @DSomers
    Tinctures and capsules still are ingesting the herb that you say can cause problems with you. I have also found, with my strained/tore bicep, that smoking CBD doesnt affect my bicep as much as if i was to use a topical or balm. This strain i have was hurting particularly bad one day. I took advil which kind of helped. Then i smoked a CBD joint which made my body feel good but didnt focus its efforts on my bicep. So i sprayed a topical spray on my bicep directly and pain was alleviated in 5 to 20 seconds. AMAZING!!! Bear in mind that CBD is great for inflammation and THC is better for acute pain. So it is expensive i understand. I have used a product by Xternal. It is effective but expensive for my present issue. When i use it the arm is still weak from the injury but it doesnt hurt while it heals. I am looking in to making lotions and balms with this year's harvest, due to the success i have had with the topical i am presently using.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 719
    Given: 1,218
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @DSomers
    Personally given the description of the adverse effects that ingesting or inhaling cannabis has on you, i would recommend trying topicals for your knees. It is not a cheap method but you can localize the plants effects on your problem areas, rather than medicating the whole body that doesnt need it. Personally i enjoy the high so i ingest, smoke and use topicals. Got another way to administer it?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    CBD is good for the pain, it works as a pain reliever also in osteoarthritis. CBD heal the pain, especially the CBD oil work in it but you can tincture and edibles also for this disease.