Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 261
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light deprivation

0 Not allowed!
    Been covering since June 27th and about 3 weeks or so to go. Can I stop covering now it's August 1st tomorrow . Not quit 14 hours of daylight here now and natural flowering is starting
    keep it green !

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 143
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @jdb420 Personally, I would try not to shock them. If you have been giving them 12 hours then I would say gradually extend that by 15 minutes each day until you are giving them 13 and then leave them with a curtain on the east and west...
    I have found that growing in a tight little clearing inside dense bushes can be roughly equivalent to an hour or close to an hour shorter photoperiod.

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Good idea I'll cut 15 min a day for a week then I'll meet nature at 13 hours of dark !! Thanks !!!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep it green !

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdb420 View Post
    Wow that's your patch? Beautiful!

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quick question hope I get some answers but people r quiet in here it seems . Just wondering if peeps notice strains finishing faster during light deprivation. My 8 week strain of green crack inside is looking just about done at 6 weeks in hoop house. 1 more week it will definitely be finished. 50 percent hairs dead right now and more on some with trichomes starting to Amber bit and mostly cloudy. Just wondering if others notice the same fast finish during light deprivation. Thanks !!!
    keep it green !

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quick question hope I get some answers but people r quiet in here it seems . Just wondering if peeps notice strains finishing faster during light deprivation. My 8 week strain of green crack inside is looking just about done at 6 weeks in hoop house. 1 more week it will definitely be finished. 50 percent hairs dead right now and more on some with trichomes starting to Amber bit and mostly cloudy. Just wondering if others notice the same fast finish during light deprivation. Thanks !!!
    Speed of flowering depends more on the intensity of light and ideal temperatures (and other environmental factors being ideal too), in my experience with all gardening horticulture not only pot.
    However we have to spot the time when the cannabinoid yield is highest, not simply the time of senescence..
    Could be that the rate at which new calyxes are forming is slowing down due to cooler temperatures, thereby increasing the proportion of amber pistils (which isn't the best guide to go by), and some other environmental factor/s degrading trichomes.
    I always harvested guerilla crops when I first spotted the bud rot, which was always well before what I think would be the peak of cannabinoid yield or total flower yield if rot didn't exist.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    So with temps being warmer and light being optimal it could lead to faster maturing plants !! Usually it's late fall and plants finish because they have to due to colder weather setting in. That's why I did the light deprivation otherwise it's first week of October for most strains and here where I live u never know how the weather will be. We get first frost early September some years. I'll keep checking with my scope and pick when trichs r right on.
    keep it green !

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    So with temps being warmer and light being optimal it could lead to faster maturing plants !! Usually it's late fall and plants finish because they have to due to colder weather setting in. That's why I did the light deprivation otherwise it's first week of October for most strains and here where I live u never know how the weather will be. We get first frost early September some years. I'll keep checking with my scope and pick when trichs r right on.
    Yeah when I usedto guerrilla it they never really finished (senescence) because it gets too cold and dull, just sit there not growing anymore until something kills them which isn't the same as senescence, so I couldn't make seeds where I grew outside.. but the (cannabinoids) yield peaks when degradation of trichomes overtakes production, whenever you think that is, however it may happen, so in those terms everything finishes.
    But the way you're doing it, covering them to cut down the photoperiod during the summer while the sun is shining and temperatures are good, definitely makes the life cycle go faster. Also makes denser less leafy buds, exposes them to less windy weather and heavy rain so less trichomes are broken and shaken off, and exposes them to less rot spores because the weather is drier and surrounding vegetation isn't dying off and rotting.
    Last edited by Echium Pininana; 08-10-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm at 7 weeks 12 / 12 and plants r 75 % to 90 % hairs turned and died off. Trichomes r mostly cloudy with a lot of Amber started . Most of the big fan leaves have turned yellow and r falling off but that partly due to how much I've rinsed the soil out and them being root bound. Fresh pictures soon
    keep it green !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast