Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Thread: Powdery Mildew

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Powdery Mildew

0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone ever tried 2% Milk to get rid of Powdery Mildew? It's been a bit rainy lately with some Serious high humidity levels outdoors and i believe Natures given one of my Leaves a bit of Mildew. I've tried a bit of Ash and Soapy Spray for Mites and that's worked good but for this Mildew i am hoping the Milk will help.

No pics sorry but i'm sure you all know what white mildew already looks like

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,545
    Given: 594
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'd do the treatment but if the plant is progressed far enough that those infected leaves won't be a loss it's probably best to cut them out making sure it's visibly gone. I also think besides just your plants go after the entire surroundings where more mildew might originate to make your plant infected again. Some trees even harbor the stuff.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,192
    Given: 7,384
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...yes, mix the milk at 10 to 1 water to milk, or stronger but you'll want to dilute it some so it will flow through your sprayer.

...any kind of milk will do but this won't be fixed with a single application so spray the crap out of your plants and you'll instantly see the mildew disappear, but it will come back so be prepared to spray every 2 or 3 days for about 3 or 4 weeks.

...milk is actually very good for your plants giving a boost to the plants immune system but the best strategy with powdery mildew is to thin them out some and increase the air flow if you have this problem indoors.

peace, SOG

...btw, Jorge has a video that shows how to save a powdery mildew infected crop, i think he uses a hydrogen peroxide bath.

...i just checked and it's still on youtube so do a search for 'Jorge Cervantes powdery mildew' and you are sure to find it.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 106
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    What @someoldguy said. The thing about powdery mildew is, by the time you see it, it is already inside of your leaf. You can't kill it but, you can manage it. Use the milk solution regularly or use neem oil as the bottle directs. If, when you harvest you still have some visible, then you want to wash the harvest in a peroxide solution. Check jeorge's videos about PM and he shows you how to wash the bud. Hope this helps.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,123
    Given: 1,323
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey @redpurpleflower milk changes the surface ph levels to a point where molds has a hard time attaching, unfortunately it also will clog leaf pores. Neem also creates a surface where mold has a hard time establishing colonies. Green Cleaner works well and you can use it the day you harvest, better than hydro-peroxide dried buds. To cure it Compost teas will work systemically as well as Sierra Natural Science 244 in combination with Optic Foliar's transport it will carry whatever you use through the cell wall. If you use Transport you also use half strength versus full strength with the same affect. If you sell your medicine and it is tested compost tea will flag yeast during testing... while it is benign in the tea the microbes eat and release yeast.

Hope this helps
    Happy Farming...

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 417
    Given: 74
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    GFF4-wpcf_300x500.jpg
    I use this as my replacement for Hydroguard in my UC system but it's also great for PM.
    https://southernag.com/residential-p...ngcde-12x1-pt/
    Last edited by gbauto; 07-20-2018 at 02:52 AM.