Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote Sensor Problems With Link-4.

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,

My name is Joe and I am a commercial cannabis grower and am having problems with our Link-4 Environmental control system. Our sensors do not hold calibration and I am hoping someone else has solved this issue, we are using the Link-4 iPonic 614.

I am considering custom building a sensor package.

We are trying to use the Link-4 to control:
    -Temperature
    -Humidity
    -CO2

Any ideas would help.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 594
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Could be Link-4 stuff needs a stable power source. Start drawing amps from lights and such off and on it changes available voltage. If their stuff doesn't have an accurate power source it won't matter what you do external to the device because the source voltage changing can be changing downstream to your temp gauges where what's read as the return is the temp. Voltages up and down makes temps fluctuate up and down. You could try finding a backup power supply that will keep your Link-4 voltage constant at one voltage and see what happens. Being a commercial shop hehehe take a multi-meter reading of your Link-4's electrical socket before lights on then turn your close encounters of the 3rd kind lighting system on and see what the voltage drop is. Then if there is a drop say choice cuss words.

You could try pantyhose or something around the humidity and CO2 sensors to help keep drifting stuff in the breeze off your sensor plates.

So pretty much try getting a stable voltage supply and see if that fixes the problem. Could also be devices internal components heating throwing things off things when lights or heat is high. Reposition for cooler out of the way place. You can't help but to always have to calibrate pH on constant readers since the membrane does it's thing going off even on instant on dip and see meters.

I feel for ya man. Must be tough playing mother nature
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 594
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Oh yah and watch what the reading are of everything before and after light and fans on.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    It is a humbling experience to be responsible for so many girls... thanks for the idea. I will chase that down.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,447
    Given: 884
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Tech Support is for Forum issues, not product problems.

Contact the vendor or manufacturers for that...

Dr.Chas-THC
    Advanced Nutrients, CLW SolarStorm 880,
    Method Seven Operator LED,
    Magical Butter II, 1000w MH, 400w MH,
    EZ Clone 16,
    Gorilla Grow Tent 5’ x 5’ x 6’11” ~ 7’11”,
    HyperFan 8”~HyperFan Hyper Climate Control,
    Hurricane Super 8 Fan, Gorilla Gear Board