Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,120
    Given: 1,322
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oklahoma officials ban smokable cannabis under emergency rules

0 Not allowed!
    Oklahoma citizens voted to legalize medical cannabis recently on June 26, but state lawmakers are trying to impose as many last-minute restrictions as possible before dispensaries open. On July 7, the Oklahoma State Department of Health voted to approve emergency rules to remove smokable cannabis from the approved delivery methods.

The Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority falls underneath the Department of Health and will oversee license applications which will begin to be processes on Aug. 25. It also means that the Department of Health has some say-so over the details of the medical cannabis program.

Obviously, when voters approved State Question 788 to legalize medical cannabis, it was generally assumed that it would include smokable forms of cannabis as seen in most other states that have enacted a comprehensive medical cannabis program. SQ788 becomes effective on July 26.

The emergency rules were imposed after receiving similar recommendations from the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy. The Department of Health will regulate medical cannabis because Gov. Mary Fallin declined to hold a special legislative session to develop regulations.

The rules go far beyond the restrictions that are seen in most other states with medical cannabis, with a few exceptions. Per the emergency rules, dispensaries shall not carry smokable cannabis, processed products may not contain more than 12 percent tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and mature plants shall not contain more than 20 percent THC. Dispensaries must hire a pharmacist or healthcare professional (as seen in Minnesota and Connecticut). One of the more bizarre rules includes that any woman of “childbearing age” must first undergo a pregnancy test to prove they are not pregnant, according to Tulsa World, however some exemptions will apply. Many more limitations are included.

The director of ACLU of Oklahoma was not pleased with the announcement of last-minute changes.

Ryan Kiesel
    @Capitolkiesel
    In banning all smokeable forms of medical cannabis in Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Health Department just guaranteed litigation. This is completely inconsistent with #SQ788 & a responsible medical cannabis program.

Rep. Jason Lowe also slammed the emergency rules, saying that it “undermines one of the most participated in elections in state history.” Gov. Fallin has 45 days to sign or table the emergency rules.

culture article 7/2018

Welcome to the DARK AGES of regulated medical cannabis.

Happy Farming...

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,493
    Given: 578
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Citizen voting for growing is where it will head.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 394
    Given: 63
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Still doesn't affect me. Growing in a red state and don't expect that to change before I die...so I keep growing.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 712
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Well despite California being a recreational state, i still cant grow outdoors. The city has made me an outlaw. Cuz my electric company sticks it to me when i grow indoors. My $0.13/kWh jumps to $0.22/kWh when the 1000w ballast goes on. If i cant grow outdoors and my PG&E bill jumps to TWICE the amount, what am i to do? Thats right. They grow nice outside too! If i get in trouble i am slapping a law suit on my elekky company for forcing me to be an outlaw. My city (Antioch) in their infinite wisdom didnt have any legislation in the works. So when the state told my city the dead line was closing in and they, the state, was going to take control, my city passes a moratorium on it all! They finally are getting laws worked out for major warehouse grows on the shoreline. "Nothing smaller than 3 football field" i read. But i still cant grow my own outdoors. Go figure. They will keep us from growing it for free. Or taxed if we do...and regulated. Despondency works rather well too.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,513
    Given: 1,627
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Let me guess, someone called it "Fire" and now they think it's flamable.

Be patient, they are still suffering from the Reefer Madness!...

It will be a decade before you can even say cannabis without causing a freakshow.

If you are planning to open a real farm the size of even part of a football field, moving to a more canna friendly location is not a problem given how much the setup cost and profit margin can be.

Also you Want a moratorium, otherwise One large grower will be able to undercut everybody else put together. In Wa they even have a shelf life of 6 months to sell or destroy inventory, also helpful for the little guys for the same reason.

These pain in the ars rules they make are the only thing keeping Phillip Morris from growing fields of schwag and drowning the market in cheap vape pens.

Keep in mind you're headache is their headache and you can stand it more than they can.
    Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet? Is it Dry yet?