Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Well Water EC PPM

0 Not allowed!
    What is the recommended EC ppm for watering? My Tap water reading is always at 689/690ppm (Well Water). Is there a way to lower Mineral content in Water?
    Or should i just decrease the suggested Nutrient Content? Plants are about two Weeks in from Seedlings growing in Sunshine Mix 4.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,496
    Given: 579
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by redpurpleflower View Post
    What is the recommended EC ppm for watering? My Tap water reading is always at 689/690ppm (Well Water). Is there a way to lower Mineral content in Water?
    Or should i just decrease the suggested Nutrient Content? Plants are about two Weeks in from Seedlings growing in Sunshine Mix 4.
    Do an internet search for local water tests. State or others should have at least waterline quality with minerals for tap water done at least once a year. The well water if not findable might be found from calling a local well drilling company and asking what results or filtering you might want to do. Minerals vary from rock forms.

For ppm hudroponics being the only source is around 1500. Although you could find filters to knock minerals down so you are only using soil nutrients or additives.

Reverse osmosis filters on water RO water is what some do to help prevent problems. Would hate to think what Flint Michigan and all their lead contaminated water was like on plants. Not even sure if the plants take lead up.

Anyway RO water is an east way to go with tap and well water.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 394
    Given: 63
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    690??? Is it even liquid coming out of the tap...
    My well water is about 35ppm tds and I grow in hydro so I'd be interested in knowing what's in the water. Just mix the nutes according to specs and see how the plants respond. Then adjust concentration on what your plants tell you they want.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbauto View Post
    690??? Is it even liquid coming out of the tap...
    My well water is about 35ppm tds and I grow in hydro so I'd be interested in knowing what's in the water. Just mix the nutes according to specs and see how the plants respond. Then adjust concentration on what your plants tell you they want.
    He could try finding online what others well nearby test as. Chromium and iron areas will also have high calcium in water. Lots of different types of rock out there. Wonder if it could be old pipes leeching iron. Whatevers.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah i know it's quite high, almost 700ppm of minerals. So much that i can use it practically as Fertilizer.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the reply. I've taken a look at some RO filtration systems but i just decided to go with Rain water. At 20-30ppm i just level it out with Well Water and apply my Nutes as needed.

Thanks again!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by redpurpleflower View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've taken a look at some RO filtration systems but i just decided to go with Rain water. At 20-30ppm i just level it out with Well Water and apply my Nutes as needed.

Thanks again!
    Have you tested tap water for its numbers? Around here it's 450-700 with basic minerals from the well source plus additives