Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Autoflower Leggy

0 Not allowed!
    Hi Forums,

I have several Autoflower Seedlings that have become leggy due to my poor lack of lighting (I was hoping for Sunny Summer Weather) But instead i have them indoors under cheap CFL/LED lights. They are Vegging out fine but just becoming a bit Tall. I'm planning on transplanting them directly in 4 Gallon Pots, Is it possible to just Top them up with more soil so they don't fall over? Will they still grow fine or are they pretty much done for?

Variety are: White Widow, Jack herer Autoflowers.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 413
    Given: 69
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Pics would help with suggestions. Auto's usually don't have enough veg time before flowering to do much training. I'd just give her as much light as you can and hope for the best.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    It's just at Seedling stage, it's just getting leggy that's all. I just need to know if I could just top up the Seedling with fresh new Soil to some what cover the Tall height and provide more stability.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 1,203
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @redpurpleflower
    Yeah that seems feasible. Pretty "sane" option, actually. Thing about autos...is given their inherent short veg stage it is NOT advised to muck around with them too much as this would ultimately negatively affect your final yield.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @redpurpleflower
    Patient is right about less hands on the better. You can and should fill to the seed pod leads. My brother will be unhappy I don't know the tech term, lol. Remember this about autos, you have one shot to hit it right so there is minimal stress to plant. I might be starting mine here pretty soon. Thanks @Apuk & @Patientpuffer, for the autoflowers

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 1,203
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Cotyledons... but i haven't a clue how to pronounce it...probably cotyledons.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,526
    Given: 583
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by redpurpleflower View Post
    Hi Forums,

I have several Autoflower Seedlings that have become leggy due to my poor lack of lighting (I was hoping for Sunny Summer Weather) But instead i have them indoors under cheap CFL/LED lights. They are Vegging out fine but just becoming a bit Tall. I'm planning on transplanting them directly in 4 Gallon Pots, Is it possible to just Top them up with more soil so they don't fall over? Will they still grow fine or are they pretty much done for?

Variety are: White Widow, Jack herer Autoflowers.
    Yes you can bury main stalk and it will develop roots. Don't keep it saturated with water or you might get stalk rot. Even roots want to take in air.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.