Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overfert, root rot or fungus ? Need help

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys ,

Hey guys ,
    I am at 5 to 6 week of flowering now , i have one of my plant that starting to show yellow leaves and a lot of tiny brown spots on them , and the worst , they start to fall one by one especially the lower ones, and the disease seems to spread on the newer leaves , i need help , this has caused a massive defoliation of the plant :

Here is what the leaves look like :

IMG_20180514_132233.jpg IMG_20180514_132350.jpg IMG_20180514_132404.jpg IMG_20180514_132122_BURST003.jpg

They become crispy with random brown spots, the disease is progressing from the bottom to top , that thing is unstoppable , every day leaves are falling .

The strain is critical chesse from dina , the medium is a classic bio soil / terraneous ( mix of Sphagnum, green compost , vegetable matters) that contain nitrogen 280g/m3 ; and phosphorus pentoxide (P2O5) 180g/m3 with a PH of 6.4, conductivity of 45 mS/m , i use HPS green power 400w , light schedule is 12/12 since four weeks now ,
    temps are 86F during light and 64F during night , RH is low somewhere in the 40 to 50 % range , i give them bottled water with a basic PH of 7 , but i use PH down from general hydro to lower the PH at 6.5 and then add some nutes and feed them directly.

For the feeding schedule i use bio bloom(2.5mL/L) and a litte of bio grow ( 1mL/L ) every 4 days since the beginning of the flowering period, and between just bottled water with PH down .So basically i feed them every 4 days and watering them every 2 days.

Thanks .

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,526
    Given: 583
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @alexanderAB

Noticing the attack is in the veins it draws me away from bacteria or whatever unless its a blood thirsty one. Even thought maybe something got sprayed but eh. Still might be some sort of soil born thing creeping upwards but nutrient burn seems to fit symptoms. Some soils come hot from the bag. Some won't flush extras out easy. Maybe try a few flushes with water and stop nutrients for awhile.

Oh yah forgot maybe microscopic insects burrowing into veins planting babies.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 1,205
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @alexanderAB
    I agree with @Tropical on the over fert symptoms (burnt leaf tips) and also with the flush. But since we missed this post you are in week 7-8 and should be flushing with copious amounts of water to get rid of nitrate build up.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    If microbial, couldn't you use some milk to kill theinfestation part of the problem. Since milk has sugars that soft body infiltrators can't digest they die. It is focusing on the vein part of the leaf my thinking is it has to be in up take from soil. Foggy

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for all of your responses :
    @Tropical : You were right mate by saying "soil born thing creeping upwards" it was a fungus gnats infestation, how did i spot them ? I saw few of them flying around , and i just put a glue tape for flies , and in several night the tape was full of those bi***es, so that was my problem , + my overwatering period didn't fix the thing.

The situation seems to have stabilzed since i watering every 4 days instead of almost everyday.But it has affected the flowering development badly , now it's too late my harvest on it will be not as good as my deep cheese that is right next to her, but lesson learned , next crop less watering + a layer of sand at the top of the soil.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @alexanderAB
    Unfortunately we do learn as we go. I myself don't run a tight enuf ship to do indoor yet. I still make beginner mistakes. Outdoors has a more forgiving side than indoors. But, as long as your enjoying gardening, that's what matters. Grow em large, Foggy