Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 843
    Given: 1,433
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @ache
    I must've had it backwards. I knew ashes affected the soil one way. M-Gro was used as it became a garden. It wasnt really planned. I just started turning over the dort one day and wham. Plant after plant was slowly brought in. I really prefer adding organic amendments. Thats what my cannabis grows in. M-Gro was good for fruit production as it rocked. Yet as you mention what about by products and leaching in to the soil. Next year maybe different. I prefer heavily amended soil so i dont need to tend to it as much. Maybe a top dress after a bit.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,763
    Given: 2,038
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    No worries @Patient puffer

Check that thread that I linked to

Hugelkultur just may be the thing you are looking for if you want a soil you don't have to tend to. Built right, it requires very little water. Here is mine from last year. I tore it down earlier this spring and wished I hadn't. We had a unusually dry spring and summer here in the PNW.

Hugle 2017 1.jpg

Hugle 2017 2.jpg

Hugle 2017 3.jpg

Edit to add this pic of the broccoli earlier in the year
    Hugle 2017 4.jpg

You can grow cannabis and veggies side by side with no special soil needed. (with a few exceptions.) Throw in some companion planting to bring in beneficial insects along with a compost pile for indigenous microorganisms, and life becomes much easier for you and your garden.

Do you have a compost pile going? Vermicompost? Very essential in the larger scheme of things.
    Last edited by ache; 09-21-2018 at 06:19 PM. Reason: add pic
    "Take it off the list " - Ache

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123