Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Hydro Grow - Jack Herer started 2/21 so far so good!

0 Not allowed!
    Please let me know what you think and about how much longer until these are finished. I ran out of CO2 2 weeks ago (a little less) Is it worth it to get more now to finish the grow? I these as clones (around 12-14 days old) on 2/21.
    IMG_0113.jpgIMG_0112.jpgIMG_0115.jpgIMG_0111.jpgIMG_0105.jpg

Setup

• 400 watt Black Dog - Awesome light but expensive
    • 8 bucket hydrofarm - ok for starters - but i need something a little more sturdy (thinking of using PVC piping)
    • 21 gallon reservoir - sucks when u have a leak which is rare but be very cautious setting up your system.
    • PH always between 5.0-6.5
    • PPM - now its round 1400 - I'm letting it get one more dose tomorrow with Nutrients ten just plain water (PH tested and adjusted or reverse osmosis) from there to harvest
    • Humidity - VEG - 50-75% (usually was at least 55-60 but mistakes DO happen
    • Humidity - Bloom - 40-50% (lot less starting about a week into flowering than veg)
    • Temp - 80-85 (lights on) 70-75 (light off)
    • 4x5 area wish just 4 plants (testing somethings
    • 1 - 400 CFM Fan into charcoal filter
    • bottom vent goes to open window - when top fan sucks out it causes a draw in from the bottom one
    • FloraGro Micro and Bloom
    • just giving Bloom now and al ittle Gro if it think i need a bit more nitroget
    • (NONE OF MY LEAVES EVER YELLOWED EVEN DURING FLOWERING - that a probem?)
    • (coming soon) 1000watt K5 Kind or Fluence SpuderX (kick ass lamp) - still not sure - suggestions?

VERMONTSTONGBUDS
    Grown Vermont Strong
    2018 - Jack Herer started 2/21
    IMG_0113.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,516
    Given: 581
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vermontstrongbuds View Post
    Please let me know what you think and about how much longer until these are finished. I ran out of CO2 2 weeks ago (a little less) Is it worth it to get more now to finish the grow? I these as clones (around 12-14 days old) on 2/21.
    Setup

• 400 watt Black Dog - Awesome light but expensive
    • 8 bucket hydrofarm - ok for starters - but i need something a little more sturdy (thinking of using PVC piping)
    • 21 gallon reservoir - sucks when u have a leak which is rare but be very cautious setting up your system.
    • PH always between 5.0-6.5
    • PPM - now its round 1400 - I'm letting it get one more dose tomorrow with Nutrients ten just plain water (PH tested and adjusted or reverse osmosis) from there to harvest
    • Humidity - VEG - 50-75% (usually was at least 55-60 but mistakes DO happen
    • Humidity - Bloom - 40-50% (lot less starting about a week into flowering than veg)
    • Temp - 80-85 (lights on) 70-75 (light off)
    • 4x5 area wish just 4 plants (testing somethings
    • 1 - 400 CFM Fan into charcoal filter
    • bottom vent goes to open window - when top fan sucks out it causes a draw in from the bottom one
    • FloraGro Micro and Bloom
    • just giving Bloom now and al ittle Gro if it think i need a bit more nitroget
    • (NONE OF MY LEAVES EVER YELLOWED EVEN DURING FLOWERING - that a probem?)
    • (coming soon) 1000watt K5 Kind or Fluence SpuderX (kick ass lamp) - still not sure - suggestions?

VERMONTSTONGBUDS
    Grown Vermont Strong
    2018 - Jack Herer started 2/21
    IMG_0113.jpg
    Most want around 2 weeks of no nutrients to burn minerals, sugars and chlorophyll up. Find the plants usual flowering period and go from there to figure out when to cut nutrients off for a couple weeks of just water. Keep the water aerated if the roots are totally in water.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Any recommendations for my new light? Looking at the Kind k51000 vs. Fluence SpyderX vs. Black Dog 1000......

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 591
    Given: 988
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @vermontstrongbuds
    I grew an indoor plant this winter and harvested it. I went by the whole "2 weeks" of a flush. I will tell you that with my usual watering schedule under my light was only 1-2 x's a week. Regardless of it being 2 weeks without nutes...THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH WATER FLUSHING OUT THE MEDIUM. I screwed up and allowed a ton of nutes to stay in the soil and therefore the buds. During your last 2 weeks UP the amount of water you regulary use or flush longer to get the nutrient taste out. I usually go organic but i used "tiger bloom" on that plant and there was a noticeable flavor of something other than bud. The smell was good...BUT not as good as the reveg smells right now. I completely mistreated myself by not PROPERLY flushing the medium of the residual nitrates from my fertilizer of choice.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 402
    Given: 66
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vermontstrongbuds View Post
    Any recommendations for my new light? Looking at the Kind k51000 vs. Fluence SpyderX vs. Black Dog 1000......
    Of those 3, the only one that uses remotely current technology if the Fluence and that's not that remarkable.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and comments......I'm really trying to learn as much as I can - just can't seem to happen fast enough :-)

I'm dividing my 8x8x8 G Tent into two halves -- most likely keep the 400 watt Black Dog w/ some LED light bars on either side of the light mover for veg -
    For bloom - I'm still not sure what light to get but so far it's between the SpyderX and the K5 Kind - I'm really liking the spyderX's.......they do actually draw 1030watts though......

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 402
    Given: 66
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    If you're trying for a 4x4 flower space look at this as well. Much more efficient and cost effective. https://horticulturelightinggroup.co...oducts/hlg-550

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 29
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    How's the Herer looking @vermontstrongbuds. I'm curious to see where this has gone. Inmo , u might want to try dwc, for your hydro. Very easy. U got drip irrigation now. What kind of airflow and pump do u have. please show me your resovoirs so i can see your rootzone. What's up as well, names @Gruesome Seeds
    Peace
    P.s.
    I'd go kind, because of there excellent response time. They will live chat all day!
    Last edited by Gruesome Seeds; 05-02-2018 at 01:08 PM.