Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outdoors early question

0 Not allowed!
    Hello there.
    This is my first outdoor season and My question is as follows, I started from seed indoors last week of February, I then put the plants out in a greenhouse on 20th of March using a couple hours of lighting at night until the first of April. I stopped using the lights April 1st in hopes of seeing preflowers early so I could have them sexed before final pot up in early may. Everything worked the way I wanted but now my question is should I go back to interrupting the dark cycle with lights now that I have preflowers or should I just let em ride??? I am a little concerned I may not be getting enough light naturally which is just over 14 hours a day now roughly I just topped them and gave them some vermibat for a nitrogen boost yesterday. If anyone can help I would appreciate it, especially Jorge you’re reading this your advice would be most appreciated!!!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 406
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Im guessin they are photoperiod plants not auto. If you go back to giving them more light they will revert back into vegetative stage ( though 14 hours should be enough for that). You'll be able to plant in may. hope that helps
    Last edited by Space Kadet; 04-28-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 406
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    As long as the plants dont show more flowering let them ride. the will revert back to the vegetative stage in may. If they keep flowering add light until you transplant .They should be fine for the season.
    Last edited by Space Kadet; 04-29-2018 at 05:00 AM.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yes they are regular photoperiod seeds, sorry shoulda added that in op. Thanks for the reply. Yeah I’ve been leaning towards letting em ride myself cause amount of light in the day Im pretty should be enough now (which is just about 14.5 hours now including early twilights). Ive been hoping I had it all timed right and so far I’m not disappointed in the plants or seeing any issues, I guess I just started second guessing myself and wanted other opinions. Manipulating light schedules to sex plants is something I’ve done indoor tons of times, but doing it with timers is a lot easier I’m finding than doing it by trying to time the seasonal days on a calendar. I’m thinking worst case scenario I’ll get a little stunting but would barely be noticeable since I got an early jump on them indoors and are going to be huge regardless.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 957
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Socalgrower76
    I have a plant i am putting outside, that i started late Feb as well. I am expecting the extra veg to be pivotal in over all yields. Potentially creating the beast you speak of. I plan on utilizing some LST to maintain it a touch. Good luck with yours.