Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What LED's Should I Use???

0 Not allowed!
    Hello Folks. I have yet to grow with LED's, but i want too! I need more info so i'm asking questions and looking for reliable sources and references and some input by our community members. I have 2 grow rooms(1 veg, 1 bud) but with the size of the rooms i am unable to fully furnish them both with LED's as it would cost thousand and i'm not rich. Eventually after saving i will upgrade(it's my 5 yr plan). But for the time being i am gonna be growing in a cabinet. The dimintions are 20"x24"x64". I will be using 2 5g top feed buckets with a res. First time doing hydro even though i bought the buckets awhile bk and was suppose to be for dwc's but i changed my mind.

So pretty much what i'm looking for is answers and some guidance and i'm thinking this is the right place to ask for it as i see much helping members on this site. I need some reliable info, anything about LED's and some good reads. i also need to know, what led's to use, wattage wize and spectrum for veg and bud. I bought 2 15w(5x3w) E27 red/blue ratio 4:1 LED Bulbs for supplemental lighting for my bud room. But i need to know what i would need for my cab. I have a few in mind but i am not fully sure.

Here's 1 of my choices(i am unable to show the other 1's i looked up because the seller is on vacation):
    Red painted housing case.
    ◆ LED Output Power: 1pcs*100w COB (32x3w chip on board)
    ◆ Power consumption: 58W+/-2%
    ◆ Dimension: 180mmx180mmx83.5mm (7.1inch x 7.1inch x 3.29inch)
    ◆ Lifespan: 50000-100000 hours
    ◆ View Angle of LEDs: 90° reflector cup
    ◆ Worldwide Voltage: AC85~265V
    ◆ Spectrum of Light: 430~440nm, 450~460nm, 610-615nm, 620~630nm, 650~660nm

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 413
    Given: 69
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome, Gerald.
    Try this for some ideas on what it's going to take to give you adequate light levels. Basic rule for most commercially available diodes are 30W/ sq ft minimum so for your space I'd shoot for at least 100W of actual power consumption-not advertised rating. The lamp you listed would work but you should really use 2 for that space.
    I've been using leds for 3 seasons now-still have all of my 'blurple' fixtures but they are relegated to spur of the moment closet grows in buckets like yours. I ended up building a couple of 4 array bars with Vero29's-they are a quantum leap ahead of the Mars and King fixtures I had and after this run is finished I'll add another 240W of Samsung strips. It's really simple and much more cost effective to build your own .

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 413
    Given: 69
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The crap that 'Shirley' is touting as the new trend is exactly why geralde is asking this question. My advice is that if the company that manufactures the fixture doesn't provide specs detailing power consumption and light output in lumens or better, PPF in umoles then you have NO way to compare them to any other light. Stay far, far away from retailers like this.