Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everclear tincture question!

0 Not allowed!
    I read my instructions, but I keep getting all my weed settling on bottom, a white wax looking substance that I cant imagine will make it through the coffee filter when I'm done in middle, and the tincture forming ontop.

Should I be removing the white wax, or just keep shaking once a day and when done strain through a coffee filter???

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 11
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I have a Magic Butter machine and maybe it's me but every thing I make using everclear taste like shit and is funky.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,178
    Given: 7,364
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    ...do a youtube search for 'rick simpsons oil in small batchs' and watch a couple of videos while you still can.

...anyway in the vids you first make the tincture and then you cook that down to make the rso so if your goal is the tincture you won't do the last part.

peace, SOG

...i would recommend that ypu watch a few vids to fully absorb the info, me, i prefer the longer vids.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    So let the white substance be, and just keep shaking it up once a day???

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I feel you, can tell some of the gummies I get from dispensary got a bit of a booze after taste to them, if that's the best they can do not looking forward to this!
    \

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    It was more clear to me this morning, thank goodness I didn't clean out that waxy looking substance, pretty sure that is what the booze is extracting
    \

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The white/grayish substance on the bottom of a glass jar filled with Everclear saturated pot oil and left in the freezer for 3 days or so is a Combination of wax,fat lipids,chlorophyll etc. Remove these ( approximately 20% of the oil weight ). This is called dewinterization...
    Dry ice will speed the process up in a cooler for 3 hrs.
    Which results in a higher concentration of the cannabinoid oil CBD and THC.
    Gently pour the jar liquid into a coffee filter without disturbing the very bottom gray layer, the objective is to get as little of the Grey bi product. Evaporate off the Everclear using Pyrex glass dish larger is better naturally. Cover Pyrex with cheesecloth and tape it in place, Let it sit for several days and everclear will be completely evaporated. Now mix with whatever you like to use so you can add it to a C cell ceramic cartridge to vape or cartridge of your choice. I prefer a Emulsifying agent called puff magic
    (Pg/peg). What ever ratio you like less is more concentrated more is less concentrated. Use no stronger than 4.0 V pin battery for vaping. Produces safe vape temp less than 400 f
    Also, use a small glass spice jar 2 inches tall 2 inches wide glass to mix your oil. “Pinze” small spice jars emptied & cleaned are great...plastic filler syringe and silicone stir Spatula. No fuss be patient.
    I don’t like MCT oil as an emulsifier, due to taste.
    Also dry ice in a cooler 3-4 lbs Will lower your Everclear and herb two minus 45-55 f below zero. Mix herb & Everclear at that temp inside cooler let sit 1 hr. Now and then shake cooler to agitate herb. Now drain through coffee filter ASAP into empty cooled jar... Beautiful Gold liquid as the result, With less much of the waxes fats chlorophyll you do not want.
    And evaporate using procedure explained above .
    Shatter, hash,work well too and for the money probably the way to go. Simply mix them with Everclear at refrigerator temperature until completely dissolved, The hash /Everclear mix will need to be strain through a coffee filter and then same procedure as listed above (hash has fiber and shatter usually does not).
    If you are not going to Dewinterize The shatter you can actually mix the shatter and emulsifier together right in the glass jar , A coffee pot warmer works great.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Confirm View Post
    The white/grayish substance on the bottom of a glass jar filled with Everclear saturated pot oil and left in the freezer for 3 days or so is a Combination of wax,fat lipids,chlorophyll etc. Remove these ( approximately 20% of the oil weight ). This is called dewinterization...
    Dry ice will speed the process up in a cooler for 3 hrs.
    Which results in a higher concentration of the cannabinoid oil CBD and THC.
    Gently pour the jar liquid into a coffee filter without disturbing the very bottom gray layer, the objective is to get as little of the Grey bi product. Evaporate off the Everclear using Pyrex glass dish larger is better naturally. Cover Pyrex with cheesecloth and tape it in place, Let it sit for several days and everclear will be completely evaporated. Now mix with whatever you like to use so you can add it to a C cell ceramic cartridge to vape or cartridge of your choice. I prefer a Emulsifying agent called puff magic
    (Pg/peg). What ever ratio you like less is more concentrated more is less concentrated. Use no stronger than 4.0 V pin battery for vaping. Produces safe vape temp less than 400 f
    Also, use a small glass spice jar 2 inches tall 2 inches wide glass to mix your oil. “Pinze” small spice jars emptied & cleaned are great...plastic filler syringe and silicone stir Spatula. No fuss be patient.
    I don’t like MCT oil as an emulsifier, due to taste.
    Also dry ice in a cooler 3-4 lbs Will lower your Everclear and herb two minus 45-55 f below zero. Mix herb & Everclear at that temp inside cooler let sit 1 hr. Now and then shake cooler to agitate herb. Now drain through coffee filter ASAP into empty cooled jar... Beautiful Gold liquid as the result, With less much of the waxes fats chlorophyll you do not want.
    And evaporate using procedure explained above .
    Shatter, hash,work well too and for the money probably the way to go. Simply mix them with Everclear at refrigerator temperature until completely dissolved, The hash /Everclear mix will need to be strain through a coffee filter and then same procedure as listed above (hash has fiber and shatter usually does not).
    If you are not going to Dewinterize The shatter you can actually mix the shatter and emulsifier together right in the glass jar , A coffee pot warmer works great.
    Great info. This is something I've been looking for for days.
    Just wondering do you have any info on Ratio of Bud to Everclear?
    Thanks again for th post.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 846
    Given: 1,445
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Splatoid
    Whenever i made it or found a thread on it, they always put the chopped material in a jar, then pour enough Everclear to just cover the top. Amounts will vary as the amount of weed varies, also considering the contaier size changing as well. So just be sure it is ALL covered. Some methods shake it and your done rather quickly. Other methods have you soak it for weeks. I made the quick method and it always works. As long as the bud is ripping.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the info. I am going to give this a try. I only really have one plant to harvest at the time. So I may have to wait till I get more going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast