Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lime green spots on the flowering plant

0 Not allowed!
    my poor sick neighbor, has lime green spots on his fan leaves? i have not found the answer to the cause yet....
    Last edited by the carpenter; 04-13-2018 at 08:47 PM. Reason: photo

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

limegreen photo

0 Not allowed!
    has someone seen this before?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 957
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @the carpenter
    I have the same thing on one of mine. I thought it was a form of verigation. Yet i only have it on a few of my leaves. I haven't seen any ill affect. Is it through out the WHOLE PLANT?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 99
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I think it's the beginning of magnesium deficiency, or manganese, or both, or one of those immobile micro nutrients. Could be related to a high pH.
    Test the pH of runoff to see if the soil is too alkaline. Treat by flushing the soil with pH corrected water and maybe some seaweed extract. If the problem persists then maybe I was wrong lol.
    But I think it's permanent on those leaves already affected anyway, asap you just need to stop it getting worse and affecting more of the leaves.

Sorry, just realised that it's an old post and this plant has probably been harvested and consumed by now lol.
    Last edited by Echium Pininana; 07-26-2018 at 04:51 PM.

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, skin cancer (and P/K deficiency). LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from herbs so they can live.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 579
    Given: 957
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Echium Pininana
    LOL! All good. You are browsing the forum dropping kniwledge. That is not a bad thing. Took me a couple posts to realize the date thing. He never got back to us...so we dont know. I had that spotting on a couple of my clones outside this year. (Not the variegated clones) and symptoms have ceased once i top dressed Langbeinite and Rock Phosphate on them. That combo supplies CAL/MAG & SULFUR as well as it imparting its inherent N-P-K on it as well. So i think you may be spot on. I cant seem to type the right words to describe that symptom to find it on the internet. I always have to peruse a myriad of photos and never find it. Was it the top dressing? Not positive. But it did coincide with the amendments addition. I am growing in peat moss, so if i dont put it in...its not in there. Sulfur & Cal/Mag may have not been in ample supply.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 99
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patient puffer View Post
    @Echium Pininana
    LOL! All good. You are browsing the forum dropping kniwledge. That is not a bad thing. Took me a couple posts to realize the date thing. He never got back to us...so we dont know. I had that spotting on a couple of my clones outside this year. (Not the variegated clones) and symptoms have ceased once i top dressed Langbeinite and Rock Phosphate on them. That combo supplies CAL/MAG & SULFUR as well as it imparting its inherent N-P-K on it as well. So i think you may be spot on. I cant seem to type the right words to describe that symptom to find it on the internet. I always have to peruse a myriad of photos and never find it. Was it the top dressing? Not positive. But it did coincide with the amendments addition. I am growing in peat moss, so if i dont put it in...its not in there. Sulfur & Cal/Mag may have not been in ample supply.
    @Patient puffer yeah you're right, I'm sure others will be browsing the forum looking for a thread to answer questions or problems they have. The date is tinyyy on my phone and impossible to read without zooming way in lol, but this is the most recent thread so..

I'm actually still terrified I might be giving bad advice and spoil someone's grow, or just sound like I have a high opinion of my little knowledge. I am a newbie on the forum, and not a cannabis growing expert in any way, but I garden a bit.

I know many micro nute problems all look about the same on the deficiency charts and I'm buggered if I can tell exactly what the problem is lol, so I generally go by a rule of thumb technique...
    My first rule of thumb (obviously just my opinion!) is check out the pH before taking any "feed it more" route, as nutes may be plentiful but unavailable due to pH. If the pH is unknown then it's difficult to know what to do. Then my second rule of thumb is that you pretty much can't go wrong with the seaweed extract stuff (and it's cheaply available everywhere) and it provides a variety of micro nutrients as well as other goodies.
    A homemade nettle tea etc is also good stuff outdoors as long as there's no seeds in it. But pH wants to be known first.
    Well, that's my KISS way to approach outdoors (micro or tricky) nute problems, and totally personal opinion of course!

Your similar looking problem in sphagnum peat moss based soil was presumably not high pH problem, and then adding pH raising minerals and "feed it more.. cal/mag" was the logical way to go.
    Last edited by Echium Pininana; 07-26-2018 at 06:32 PM. Reason: I'm autistic, I edit every post lol!

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, skin cancer (and P/K deficiency). LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from herbs so they can live.