Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Thread: Nutrients.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nutrients.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm just curious to see what nutrients you folks are using for soil indoors. I've been using general organics (that's what came with my grow tent kit). Any recommendations??? Any brand I should stay away from???

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 339
    Given: 527
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Pitbull_Willy
    Personally i only use organic amendments amd create a super soil atmosphere or rhizosphere and i choose to stay away from nutrients in bottles. Just my preference as i habe ZERO time to devote to mixing crap...pH'ing the solution...just where my life is at right now. The list of amendments i use is long and distinguished. yet still not as comprehensive as other's recipes

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    That's a little more advanced for my skill set at this present time. Especially this being only my 2nd grow. I definitely want to get to creating my own soils, but at this stage... I'm still learning the basics. I do appreciate the feedback though.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 339
    Given: 527
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Pitbull_Willy
    General Organics is a great line up. On the "G.O. Box", which is a General Organics set up, you can find on Amazon has a comprehensive line up of nutrients AND on the back of the box there is a feeding schedule. What to use and when to use it amd how much to use. When i researched nutrients i had ended up deciding upon the "General Organics" line. Specifically their "G.O. Box". I think you are using superb nutrients. based on my research

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 17
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey there Pitbull Willie how you doing. I think there's one thing that you need to really keep in mind when when using nutrients and whether they come in a bottle or box those people are selling it and they want to get you to use as much as I can so don't don't really go by the directions start off with a quarter mix of what they recommend and work up that way you don't burn anything up.

It's really easy to add more if you need to but it's not doing anything but it's really hard to bring it back after it's gone crispy Critter on you. Not saying it can't be done I mean you're not brought back some things that I was a total Resurrection but you know you lose time time is money in this business it's just frustrating if you kill platter too so start off small work I'm up.

As far as the soil goes if you got a soil that works for you go with it some people might use another one that works better for them and they go with that you know personally I'm impatient puffer puffer I make my own hauled tons of mushrooms to make compost and and mix it up from there and it works well for me.

I'm not everybody lives in the Pacific Northwest where they have wild mushrooms and buy stations throw away mushrooms by the truckload. They're the ones that don't quite make the grade you get all the Forest forest floor which is pretty much just like peat moss and stuff like that and then you get all of mycorrhizae fungi it's natural.

You had any soil you're going to need mycorrhizaefungi that's what breaks down the nutrients in order to to feed the young trees that you're growing

The bottom l you is whatever works for you you develop your own way of doing things that works. Then you can build on that knowledge.

I know that George recommended new Growers start out with liquid fertilizer. The reason being it's easier to control and it's easier to wash out if you screw up.

Personally I think the first couple grows you just going to be finding out what the plant does try not to get too technical to Scientific and get into too complicated just have fun grow some plants.

Just keep them green.
    Muk

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,477
    Given: 571
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Well @Pitbull_Willy like @Runamuk2 says....kind of....they are just selling a nutrient product. At least that's what I'll say. Take in mind there might not be any advice to flush once in awhile to remove salts. No advice on different soil types and conditions. Nothing about running on straight coco and how going into a dryer soil condition any unused nutrients and minerals will build up in the coco and such so you are headed to an overdosed plant possibly. Heed Runamuck1 and 2's advice

Different soils go different ways with adding nutrients. Watch out for hot soils etc.. Might be some dependable ones out there with only a few odd mistakes they put out and fry your plants Coco is plain jane no nutrition I believe with some a little off in ph handled with rinsing.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.