Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 847
    Given: 1,448
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @2mins4roughing
    The mother was short and finished early. The father (same strain) was tall. Okay. That specific phenotypic expression was not usual of seeds sprouted from that generation. Now so far the only two f2 seeds I have ran from the offspring have been super tall. Taller than my Mango. But despite this sativa-ish trait (tall nodes), the buds still finished early like an indica. ~7 weeks and 50% of pistils were curling back. I also feel the yield of that particular plant wasn't optimal. There is a friend of mine across the pond that seems to have the short pheno in his grow tent. Thats why I said it grew like a sativa (Tall) but flowered like an indica. (7 weeks) The high is on the Sativa side as well. Just an observation. Of course its a hybrid but the expressions leaning one way or the other. Dominance.

Dashing looking gentlemen as well. Many well wishes

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,123
    Given: 1,323
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Finishing is an art.. while you say she was ready in 7 weeks at 50% pistil are curled back do you use this as your only indicator? Skunk is usually an 8- 9 weeker if you really count days indoors and usually outdoors she finishes in mid to late October I have grown her since she showed up and also live in the Bay Area so our sunlight is the same . Calyx stack over and over as a bud forms and early flowers pistols fade and die. Most growers use color of plants fan leaves and color of trics to determine the best time to harvest. you may enjoy your cannabis at seven weeks but the plant shows signs that she would have gone maybe another 2 weeks. You feed the plant nutes so that in flowering she can uptake her reserves and produce big flowers. In the last weeks your yield will double usually because the Calyx swell when no pollen is received. Trics turn amber and levels of THC are at the highest when you are at 50% amber and the rest cloudy white. Recreational marijuana and cash croppers never wait that long and most bud is picked for appearance not medicinal benefits anymore. You say you like racy strains have you grown Green Crack? I like your grow I don't want to sound like I am coming off... Always interested in others thoughts and methods used keeps us from growing stale. Plus you grow in the state where most of the great genetics start.

Happy Farming...

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @2mins4roughing
    Not at all bro. Pistils only indicator? For this particular one yes. I have a zorb that works nice. But everytime i check for cloudiness they are always almost full cloudy. So i went on pistils this time. There is the variable that worms curled back the pistils. When i say its "skunk" thats just a shortened name for what it actually was. (Which it aint no mo') The seeds came from a Lavender Skunk. Very little info on the strain. It is by no means a true skunk. I regret ysing that title now. Nevertheless, i dont want to try and be crafty and rename all these strains to things like "mystik watermelon" or "lick the cat belly" i just use what it originally was/is. Now this Lavender Skunk was/is a superb short / heavy yielding plant who's bouquet when fully cured was that of parmesan cheese. Now the only phenos i have seen are tall and smell like a "raunchy lemon". Like the Mrs had a lemon in her cooter all day, then you smoked it. (Is nice) perhaps i can rename it as "sourpuss" LOL!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @2mins4roughing
    And thank you for the compliment. It means a bunch coming from someone with your portfolio

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @2mins4roughing
    I didn't use any bottle nutes. Just a super soil recipe and water from start to finish

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The cat really digs the planter box 20180712_144302.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    generous (1).jpg

Carry on and Keep rocking the Garden then... Would love to see a little more Amber !!! But I am an Old Hippie and still dig Tye-Dye

Happy Farming...

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 225
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with both of you, typically, skunk finishes @ 7 to 8, all my lavender ladies finished about 4ft tall and they were the first ones done in my garden. They happen to be clones from Patientpuffer, awesome yielders. I growing out the seeds from that harvest, are they lavender anymore, nope, they are crossed with either a mango or blue dream. But, they look beautiful this year. Grow em large, Foggy

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    After treatment of neem oil the plants look great. I get scared spraying stuff on them. Cool thing about neem oil is it doesn't affect the predatory bugs. Just the leaf eating bugs 20180713_095416.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Patient puffer very cool picture with the Mantis. My favorite garden insect. Added a picture or two of what comes out of my garden.

Debilitator Kush.jpg

Debilitator Kush (Champagne Og x SFV og)

phaze.jpg

All along the watchtower... (Purple Haze x Strain withheld)

Fluffed up the couch pillows waiting to see the rest
    Happy Farming...

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast