Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The reason municipalities are switching to chloramine is because, unlike chlorine, it doesn't dissipate... it's the chemical that keeps on giving, lol!

I'm not sure exactly what effects it has on plants, but if it were really harmful, most people on city water would have fried yards!

It may be fine for plants in the ground, or large pots, but if I was having trouble in small pots, and on city water, that's the first thing I would change.

I'm not sure I'd use it for a hydro grow, especially since there are plenty of cheap filters to take it out.

I don't really understand this: "If i was going to brew a compost tea and i wanted to ensure its bio-activity i would use treated water." Part of chlorine/chloramine's purpose is to cut down on bio-activity.

I use well and rain water, so luckily, that's one less thing my plants have to worry about... but, I give them plenty of other things to have to deal with, lol!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 843
    Given: 1,433
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Frosty Budz
    I tried my best to word it right. Lol...what i meant was if i was to brew compost tea i need to use treated water. Treated as in receiving the "aquarium treatment" to make the water safe. There is a liquid i buy at PetSmart that makes tap water safe for fish. It breaks down chloramines in to benign chemicals allowing biology to grow unimpeded in the brew. i still dont know if i made that clear yet. Hmm...i hope so. The treated water i refer to using in compost teas is the water that has been treated by myself to break down the chloramines. Sorry for the confusion. I appreciate the questions as it is making me refine the info in here to make it clear. (As mud) lol

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    WOW! Appears that any question I have, you have the answers. Love your expertise.
    I am in Toronto Canada and my PH level for tap water is 7.5. It may be one of my
    problems. Not sure. Perhaps this is a stupid question but if I boiled half the water,
    would this lower the ph a little? Really don't want to go with stupid ph up ph down
    product if I can find a better way. Again. Love to hear from you. You will probably get
    sick of me but I have found my new Grow Guru. lol, Dee

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 843
    Given: 1,433
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @deeddee01
    I actually think (could totally be wrong) that boiling your water would further concentrate whatever is causing your slightly high water pH. I tried organic ways to alter pH in water. But its hard to know exactly whats being done. I haven't ever checked my water pH. But i do know they uae chloramines around here. But my plants did good. Perhaps they could have had a more biologically active rhizosphere if the water wasn't treated OR i used a vitamin C filter. But the yield is off the charts and the smoke is grandiose.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I have never checked for PH levels either. I did, however, check with my cities website to find out the PH. I have always used the tap water. Our water is best in Ontario.
    Glad to know it is not a big deal. Thanks.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 594
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Good soil will handle adjusting bad ph's in water. Having the good bacteria set up in an organic soil takes care of adjusting ph's pretty good.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12