Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob seeking help

0 Not allowed!
    First time grower. I am growing 2 White Widow autofem they are exactly 1 week 1 day old: 1 looks great and the other is like the hunchback of notrdame. I’ve been doing the same thing to both. Top feeding ph 5.5-6.0 water until roots reach hydro system. I just need to know if this is normal or if I need to change something.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 478
    Given: 741
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Tntuba
    I am not familiar with hydro. But i will say that is not normal. 1 week growth shouldn't be lurched over with curled foilage. Given the age of seedling and curled leaves and added variable of a new grower and my first thought is you might over watering. But its hydro and if roots have descended from cube theres o2 to the roots. I havent used rock wool, but have heard that their pH is off and needs fixing before using. Perhaps a pH problem if you were unaware of this. Here is a site with info about preparing NEW rock wool cubes.

https://www.fullbloomhydroponics.net/...ockwool-cubes/

Just my $0.02 perhaps someone with some more hydro experience than me can chime in. (Sure wouldnt take much to surpass my hydro knowledge)

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 394
    Given: 63
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I grow in rockwool in my RDWC and it's not unusual to see slow growth un til the seedlings have developed a decent root system. I'd just continue supportive care until you see roots emerging from the net.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys! @Patient puffer @gbauto I will let the rockwool get dry and just try to give special care. The other one looks really healthy so even if this doesn’t work out I have one growing really well. The roots to that one are almost to the hydro system.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Just got some info

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 55
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of cannabis growing. If the hours and hours and days of boredom with just a few days of Stark Terror when everything goes bad.

That's my understanding but you don't really want to give a new plant any kind of nutrients until they're at least 20 days old something like that. But what you can do is give us solution to Cal Mag how to keep everything balanced and that's the one thing of cannabis has to have his calcium and magnesium I don't give him over too much just a little bit I'll keep them green until the roots grow.

Keep them green
    Muk

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 394
    Given: 63
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Runamuk2 View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of cannabis growing. If the hours and hours and days of boredom with just a few days of Stark Terror when everything goes bad.

That's my understanding but you don't really want to give a new plant any kind of nutrients until they're at least 20 days old something like that. But what you can do is give us solution to Cal Mag how to keep everything balanced and that's the one thing of cannabis has to have his calcium and magnesium I don't give him over too much just a little bit I'll keep them green until the roots grow.

Keep them green
    Muk
    Only thing I do differently is that once the seedling puts out its first set of real leaves, I begin to hand water/feed 1/4 strength solution-just monitor the plant for signs of def/excess.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not an expert in growing. but looks normal.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 18
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    looks too wet or bad peace of mineral.

you have wash the keramzite before using? because it's always high alkaline level on it.check the ph-level.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 478
    Given: 741
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Tntuba @Apuk speaks of keramzite. That must be rock wool in Latvia. What he saysbis correct. Any research i come across...it ALWAYS mentions washing or soaking the cunes in a solution buffered at approx. 5.5 - 6 pH. Over night or not...once rinsed in the buffer solution (or lemon juice i have read) you need to check the run off from the cubes being sure the Ph has stabilised allowing NO FLUCTUATIONS.