Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Patientpuffer

Thanks!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 225
    Given: 178
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    The only concern I have with the amino acids is if it's going to be in a form where the plant can use it if it can't break it down then it's totally worthless.
    Muk

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 943
    Given: 1,544
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Runamuk2
    Thats why i have chosen to add it to my super soil. So like all the rest of the amendments, it will have a chance to break down. I am no scientist nor do i have the instruments to detect such things. I figured it would break down over time if its all not available to begin with.

Frosty Budz

0 Not allowed!
    I should have been clearer, when I said preventative, I did not mean as a cure to a infestation problem, lol! Especially trying to get rid of thrips with only soil drenches!

Weirdly, I had thrips this summer after I got back from a vacation. I had a friend look in, and when I got back I had thrips! 2 Spinosad foliars, and I have not seen another since.

I'm more interested in things that will make plants internally unacceptable to pests or molds, or whatever from the get go.

I grow inside in coco, so everything is in the daily nutes.

You are putting your aminos in your organic soil which has chelators like fulvic or humic acids in them, among other things, so I'll bet the plants are getting the aminos they can use. Your plants look pretty good!

I got PM as a gift with a clone, and have been trying to make the plants immune with AA's and Calcium ala Harley Smith. Tried foliars without much effect, then tried adding it to the daily feeds, and it really knocked it back. So much that some strains didn't get any!

I wish I could say I got rid if it, but when it got cooler, and so did the grow space, the PM came back. Apparently PM likes cooler, and a bit drier temps

I've since gotten the temps and humidity up, and have continued the AA & Ca, and it's way down again! I do add fulvic, too.

Anyway, my long winded, off topic ramble was meant to say why I use AA's, and that I do think AA can be used by plants, and they like it. all part of a balanced diet! I just need to find the right ratios to make this PM stuff die without a host, muwahahahaha!

greendesert, I made my 1st bubbled tea with fish hydrolysate and EWC. When it started thinking about foaming all over the place, I remembered I'd read a few drops of FH would calm it down, and it did, and right away. Is that what you did? It's worked for me ever since, too!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 943
    Given: 1,544
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Frosty Budz
    From an organic stand point Neem Seed Meal can be worked in to the soil for an agent/amendment that works "systemically". Meaning it works from the inside out. That IS NOT on my list. I learned about it this year and i will be updating the list once it is incorporated.

Frosty Budz

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Patient puffer View Post
    @Frosty Budz
    From an organic stand point Neem Seed Meal can be worked in to the soil for an agent/amendment that works "systemically". Meaning it works from the inside out. That IS NOT on my list. I learned about it this year and i will be updating the list once it is incorporated.
    Good luck with that. I'll be interested to hear your experience.

I used neem meal in my soiless mix for a while after a simultaneous mite and fungus gnat and infestation. I never was sure if the neem meal helped with that... neem oil did not.

I beat them both with Azatrol, whose main ingredient is Azadiractin, a neem extract.

Drenches whacked the gnats, but did zip to the mites.

I've read they don't bite deeply enough to be effected by anything systemic.

Took a whole lot of systematic foliars to get them, lol!
    Last edited by Frosty Budz; 12-07-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011