Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 841
    Given: 1,430
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Dedalus
    Sorry. Been crazy over here. There is a couple of things you are going to have to weigh in on.
    1.) Are these seeds ALL displaying this hermie quality? If they are...AND you dont have any more seeds left over to restart another grow...i would finish off the grow and see what you get. .....but there is a hazard associated with doing so. If you allow these hermies to grow and pollinate themselves, there will be residual pollen left in your grow box when you grow next time. You will have to mist the entire grow box before running a second time, otherwise the pollen can fall and pollinate your next round of growing. Easily fixed with a squirt bottle and a bit of time. By doing this you will either get a bit of bud and a bunch of seeds OR just a ton of seeds. The thing is about that "quality" of hermie...or "severity"...is that its not even putting out "bananas" that pollinate itself. It is putting out full blown pollen sacs. I have not run a plant that hermies tgat bad, all the way to completion. So i have no real clue how severe the "hermie" trait will be. As i said. IF you have no more seeds i would run it to finish and see what i get.
    2.) If you have more seeds to start over with, i would do that.
    The thing is, is when we find a few seeds in our bags, we have no clue how bad the "hermie" quality is. Or how strong it is. With your plants forming full pollen sacs, i am concerned with how seedy the bud will be. It would be smokable after you sift out the seeds. And perhaps the resulting seeds it produces WONT display such a strong hermie trait. Thats a possibility. Allowing you to try and grow that strain again.
    I am a fan of the hermie. Call me crazy....(who said that?)...but when i have a pretty boss strain that kicks out genetic replicas of itself, i am pretty stoked! But my stuff doesn't produce pollen sacs. Matter of fact i can't even really see the seeds it makea unless i look REAL close.
    So if you have more seeds, i would try another run. If these seeds are ALL you have...i would pick off the sacs amd try and run them to flower. Picking off the sacs is a tedious task and most if not all would throw in the towel on such a venture.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 13
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds great, send me a punch of those

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey. Look at this. I have already killed two plants, I have only three left, and this is happening to the bigger one. I wanna know if it is another hermie, if it got pollinated or what

20181109_101018.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Dedalus
    Holy Nanners Batman! That is a strong hermie. Seems "The Hermie" is strong with your seeds.

Are you keeping ALL light from reaching your plants during their "dark hours"? Cuz that is a bit extreme. But these "extreme hermies" are real. As you see. Light infiltration is not The sole cause of hermies. Sometimes they are what they are.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think that there is light entering. Maybe just a little bit. I have a door which let pass some light, but then I have a curtain that blocks more light. I don't think that there could be enough light like to stress them, but I can't tell for sure.

What happens if I just cut off the branches with pollen sacs?

And so, definitely those are no seeds? this one has the bigger buds, its like really hurting me having to kill her/him.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I took a picture of the plant today, it's the bigger I have. If it's an hermie probably I'll have to kill her, but it has the bigger buds. Could they be stressed because the led is not giving enough light? it's two 50watt full spectrum led, but it might be giving less than a 100watt.

20181110_110107.jpg

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I took a closer look, and I think I'll have to kill her. Those are definitely pollen sacs and not seeds, right?

20181110_112157.jpg

20181110_112210.jpg

20181110_112304.jpg

asd.jpg
    Last edited by Dedalus; 11-10-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    @Dedalus
    Those new pics arent looking TOO bad. They looked worse last few pics

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yeap. I've killed her finally. Only two plants left, and the smaller ones.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678