Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to buy a vape?

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking for a "dry herb" vape and have been shopping around. When I was in North America I just popped in to a head shop and picked one up. They don't seem to be around in Sydney. I've taken a look a this shop (VaporizersDirect.com.au) but they don't have a ton of reviews so I'm a little wary.

Does anyone have experience getting on in Aus?

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry I'm from the UK but I do know Namaste vapes deliver to Australia - they are a global company. I came to this post because i was hoping it would be a bit more busy with people discussing their experience.

I totally switched from smoking cannabis to using dry herb vaporizers only around two years ago. I had a really solid vape with only 3 preset temperature settings but am thinking of upgrading to one with exact control because I heard when you vape cannabis at different temperatures the weed can have different effects (?)

if any one has advice it would be appreciated - vaping is still fairly new in the UK so most of us have no clue what we're doing hahahaaa!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 135
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesob View Post
    Sorry I'm from the UK but I do know Namaste vapes deliver to Australia - they are a global company. I came to this post because i was hoping it would be a bit more busy with people discussing their experience.

I totally switched from smoking cannabis to using dry herb vaporizers only around two years ago. I had a really solid vape with only 3 preset temperature settings but am thinking of upgrading to one with exact control because I heard when you vape cannabis at different temperatures the weed can have different effects (?)

if any one has advice it would be appreciated - vaping is still fairly new in the UK so most of us have no clue what we're doing hahahaaa!
    Did you notice any difference in effects between the three different temperatures with your vape? I always just vape the same bowl of herbs at increasing temperatures because it uses more battery power if it is allowed to cool when I am emptying and repacking the bowl lol. I notice I get the terp's first, but I always keep going and vape the same bowl up to the maximum temperature.
    I just got the one with five temperatures and replaceable 18650 battery. That means no waiting for a built in battery to charge and when the batteries wear out I can get new ones. I use the same 18650 batteries in my ordinary liquid vaping vape anyway so it's convenient for me. The X-Max Vapormate was the one I picked, I had no experience, had never tried any before, and I liked the sound of the five temperatures and replaceable battery, and the price of under fifty quid, but I found the draw, the airflow, was very restricted. I spent another eight quid on the glass tube mouthpiece upgrade and now I'm very happy with it.
    I have a Vapo Bowl too, so I can still do (dry) bongs at home and not wear out my batteries. I love the vapes flavour and the increased effect/ reduced consumption of herbs, better lung health, cleaner hair and skin, and not having the stinky water is great too. Sometimes I'll get the AVB from the Vapormate and put it in the Vapo Bowl and vape it even hotter right at the edge of combustion but not quite, to get the last of the cannabinoids out instead of using it to make a tincture (fresh buds make a better tincture anyway).

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Echium Pininana View Post
    Did you notice any difference in effects between the three different temperatures with your vape? I always just vape the same bowl of herbs at increasing temperatures because it uses more battery power if it is allowed to cool when I am emptying and repacking the bowl lol. I notice I get the terp's first, but I always keep going and vape the same bowl up to the maximum temperature.
    I just got the one with five temperatures and replaceable 18650 battery. That means no waiting for a built in battery to charge and when the batteries wear out I can get new ones. I use the same 18650 batteries in my ordinary liquid vaping vape anyway so it's convenient for me. The X-Max Vapormate was the one I picked, I had no experience, had never tried any before, and I liked the sound of the five temperatures and replaceable battery, and the price of under fifty quid, but I found the draw, the airflow, was very restricted. I spent another eight quid on the glass tube mouthpiece upgrade and now I'm very happy with it.
    I have a Vapo Bowl too, so I can still do (dry) bongs at home and not wear out my batteries. I love the vapes flavour and the increased effect/ reduced consumption of herbs, better lung health, cleaner hair and skin, and not having the stinky water is great too. Sometimes I'll get the AVB from the Vapormate and put it in the Vapo Bowl and vape it even hotter right at the edge of combustion but not quite, to get the last of the cannabinoids out instead of using it to make a tincture (fresh buds make a better tincture anyway).
    Hey Echium Pininana

I can definitely feel the difference when I vape between the lowest setting and the highest setting. I find the lower settings my mind relaxes but my focus improves but when I turn it up to a really high setting its stuck in my couch time lol.

I'm just interested to know if it would be better to have more settings to play with - maybe not?!

I've had a X-max before but it was the Pro V2 - i really enjoyed that! I think if i were to buy another vape it would have to be one with removable batteries for sure because i'm quite sick to death of having to replace a vape when the battery goes lol.

yes definitely minimize the bong use - terrible for your lungs - no point in taking medicine if it's slowly killing you too!!! (my personal opinion) I stick to vaping and edibles only!

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 135
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Echium Pininana

I can definitely feel the difference when I vape between the lowest setting and the highest setting. I find the lower settings my mind relaxes but my focus improves but when I turn it up to a really high setting its stuck in my couch time lol.

I'm just interested to know if it would be better to have more settings to play with - maybe not?!

I've had a X-max before but it was the Pro V2 - i really enjoyed that! I think if i were to buy another vape it would have to be one with removable batteries for sure because i'm quite sick to death of having to replace a vape when the battery goes lol.

yes definitely minimize the bong use - terrible for your lungs - no point in taking medicine if it's slowly killing you too!!! (my personal opinion) I stick to vaping and edibles only!
    More settings will always be fun to play with.
    There's other herbs you can vaporise too, for their unique terpenes profile, and I enjoy the flavours as well as the variety of effects. Recently I usually vape a chamomile and hops blend before I vape cannabis.
    I found this list of temperatures to vape several different herbs..
    HERB EFFECTS TEMPERATURE
    St. John’s Wort Natural anti-depressant 212-302F (100-150C)
    Lavender Stimulates blood flow, antiseptic & antibacterial, anti-depressant, muscle relaxant 266F (130C)
    Lemon Balm Increases blood circulation, relieves headaches, promotes relaxation 288F (142C)
    Passion Flower Sedative properties 310F (154C)
    Hops Mild euphoria, mild sedative 310F (154C)
    Peppermint Relieves muscle spasms, antiseptic, reduces common cold symptoms 330F (166C)
    Green Tea Increased energy, alleviates depression, soothes aches and pains 352F (178C)
    Chamomile Promotes sleep, boosts immune system 374F (190C)
    Damiana Uplifting feeling, strengthens nervous system, anti-depressant, aphrodisiac qualities, reduces cramps 374F (190C)
    Sage Helps treat cold symptoms 374F (190C)

Actually I'm pretty sure that mine is the X-max Pro V2 but it says Vapormate on it. All the temperatures are shown only in °F which confuses me lol. There's a fair range between the first and fifth, lowest and highest temperature settings which is nice. I don't know where it's measured or how accurate it is, especially outdoors where the wind speed and temperature obviously affects it. I have not seen anything that looks better to me though, certainly not for the price. It needs that mouthpiece upgrade, I love it now.

Flavour and effect is so much better in the electronic vape and the bong fitted with a Vapo Bowl that I could never go back to combustion. Smoking cannabis tastes so gross and it's a waste!

I am autistic and I have anxiety and depression, melanoma and peptic ulcer. LUCKY ME
    Ending prohibition is taking too long. People need to be allowed to make medicine from all the herbs so they can live.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Good evening gents - from experience the more control you have over the temperature the better.

THC evaporates at 157C
    CBD evaporates around 170C
    CBN evaporates at 185C

Feel good high 160°C : at 160°C you get the all the THC along with some CBD effects.

Energetic high 185°C : Once you're hitting 180°C you're absorbing myrcene which increases your body's ability to absorb THC. This intensity will be later balanced out by the CBN moving the high cerebral.

Deep body relaxation high 220°C : Get ready for couch lock! A high, near combustion setting is great for use at night time. Also useful for deep pain relief.
    Link to article : Best temperature to vape cannabis

Me personally, anything below 180C allows me to stay active. If i'm vaping before going bed I wack it all the way to 210C - it does cause a little bit of combustion but it means I get a great sleep!!