Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Water issues in Alaska

0 Not allowed!
    Whats up eveyone,
    Looking for some help/advice from anyone who has maybe ran into the same issues I'm coming across. The water test from the well water show really high levels of iron. when i moved into the house there was a water softener installed for the house water. I'm growing in coco and my dumbass rinsed the coco bricks with basically salt water haha. I've never grown with a water softener built in, either way i should have done my homework. So the plants young bushy healthy plants yellowed and stunted the fuck out for a little over 2 months. i started watering them with bottled water and have them rebounding and growing again. since then we have installed a r.o. unit big enough to make about 1 gallon per minute of r.o. water. we are in the process of building out a nice facility and have a 1000 gal holding tank that would normally be full. for right now I'm just filling 5 gal buckets and mixing small batch nutes to feed some moms until then. the other day i noticed a orange ring at the water level in one of the jugs i had the r.o. water in. we are looking into uv sterilization filtration and we know that there is a certain level of bacteria that's getting past the r.o. membrane. the r.o. water also has that rotten egg hydrogen sulfide smell when the r.o. first comes out but the smell dissipates in short time. Thanks for any help in advance
    take care
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 594
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Yellowish or greenish could be algae which can grow fast in a nutrient solution. Actually even bacteria that doesn't need light. Both O2 and CO2 can be picked up from the air hence on surface area where water level meets the air. But I'dd think most likely algae having seen the same yellowish from light algae growth. Try storing in darkness. High iron might have some effect but normally iron chelate on lawns makes the lawn a dark green.
    You stick a bunch of females together and don't want any problems? Good luck. They are going to mess you up.

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropical View Post
    Yellowish or greenish could be algae which can grow fast in https://bestgrillcover.com/best-oil-less-turkey-fryers. Actually even bacteria that doesn't need light. Both O2 and CO2 can be picked up from the air hence on surface area where water level meets the air. But I'dd think most likely algae having seen the same yellowish from light algae growth. Try get all the details on bestlawnmower2017.com. High iron might have some effect but normally iron chelate on lawns makes the lawn a dark green.
    Thanks for the clarification!
    Last edited by sunders; 10-26-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 27
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Iron is great for growth. Less fungal issues like PM though diversity is best and Alaska has large hyphe. Throw that RO out and get or grow some castings. I'm adding iron to mine next season. I'll take rusty sinks. You can treat the well though this is to be considered anti growing, in many cases
    Last edited by CannaMonkey; 10-25-2018 at 07:08 PM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,472
    Given: 888
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder what a regular, rather inexpensive Brita water filter would do?
    Yes, to affect the well water in a positive direction.

It would be nice to learn.

Dr.Chas-THC
    Advanced Nutrients, CLW SolarStorm 880,
    Method Seven Operator LED,
    Magical Butter II, 1000w MH, 400w MH,
    EZ Clone 16,
    Gorilla Grow Tent 5’ x 5’ x 6’11” ~ 7’11”,
    HyperFan 8”~HyperFan Hyper Climate Control,
    Hurricane Super 8 Fan, Gorilla Gear Board