Register

Welcome to the Marijuana Growing forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

User Tag List

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 29
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read this and save your lungs

0 Not allowed!
    I purchased one of these herb vaping devices at a cannabis trade show recently. I've been researching them online and was eager to see them up close. The one I bought is called Wulfvape-SX. Cost me $80.

The deal with these is they do not burn or combust the flower as when using a conventional pipe, bong or smoking a rolled joint. It is this high heat combustion that releases most of the harmful carsinogens which you inevitably inhale along with the THC/CBD.

The vape device uses way less heat to "cook" the flower inside a small ceramic "oven". You are inhaling a mild vapor rather than a harsh smoke. It is way more pleasant an experience, I found. And you still get the full affect of the plant. In fact, you may get even more benefit since you're not frying the delicate trichomes in the process.

You control the heat using + - buttons on the side using a digital readout. It heats up in mere seconds and even shuts off if you have not used it after a few minutes. The lower heat is key to releasing the good and not the bad.

image.jpeg

This picture shows the end results of using a pipe vs using the vape device. There is still a bit of unburned "green" flower present in the pipe residue. With a pipe, you burn from the top down so the bottom-most flower takes a while to get used up. You can see the pipe residue is nothing more than blackened ash. The rest is in your lungs!

With the vape device the end result is brown baked flower that looks and feels much like it was before you put it in. Clearly, the browned vape residue is preferable to the blackened ash from the pipe.

I urge you to take a good look at these vape devices. Save your lungs. Protect your health.

I am
    Last edited by Maryjane; 10-30-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 661
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Huummmmmmmmmm```

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 58
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I have been interested in a vape myself recently so when a friend showed me his "Jump" from Atmos for 60 bucks I jumped on it. It doesn't have the features that a lot have but I'm only interested in vaping flower. I hope to receive it soon.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about" credit Jimmy Buffett

Marijuana Growing Newbie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I vape and love it. You can control the temp and release different terpenes at different temps for different things. If anyone is interested, I can find the exact temps for anyone that wants to know.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 58
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I received the vape and after using it for a week or so I like it a lot.
    Two complaints: The chamber is too small and I miss the smoke. I was a tobacco smoker for 30 years and quit 21 years ago but even to this day I miss it.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about" credit Jimmy Buffett

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 561
    Given: 642
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    I love love LOVE the flavors I get from my vape. I use the ascent device. What temp do you guys use? I don't ever feel like the effect is as strong as smoking. Study after study proves that smoking weed doesn't damage your lungs. I have asthma, and some days I am short of breath but if I smoke it actually improves my shortness of breath. Go figure. I worry about those vape pens though. I am sure those e cigs are not healthy.
    ~Greenlady~

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Actually, yes, there is a terpene in marijuana that aids in the asthmatic symptoms experienced by some sufferers. Terpene benefits are not yet exploited as they should be and will in time. My native ancestors used hemp and cannabis for a lot of daily life tasks. Its a shame it isnt researched developed and utilized for the properties it possesses, Foggy

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by graygrower View Post
    I received the vape and after using it for a week or so I like it a lot.
    Two complaints: The chamber is too small and I miss the smoke. I was a tobacco smoker for 30 years and quit 21 years ago but even to this day I miss it.
    I pretty much exclusively vape. I love them. Started with a budget one then after a few months moved up and got something at the higher end of the market. Helped me quit smoking and haven't now for over a year. I missed the feeling like you, the one that changed it for me is the Mighty. It produces a lot of vapor, it vapes very evenly and is the closest I have been to hitting a joint with a portable. Tend to find with most vapes if you pack them a little firmer more vapor is produced too. Really good piece of kit but is pretty big for a portable and expensive. Is worth the investment if you can spare the cash.

Marijuana Growing Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0 Not allowed!
    Whilst I think of it a little tip to those who are new, save the material afterwards, there is a little more THC left. You can then infuse it with butter and make edibles and get high all over again. I use this recipe for ABV cannabutter and it works well for me https://www.liwts.org/edibles/abv-bu...er-vape-waste/